• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Vehicle Dock Review (Video)

Is there a way to auto enable GPS when connected to the car dock? Thanks!

it's not too hard to hit the home button and enable it if you have it as a widget then go right back into the car dock mode

How would I set up the dock in my 2002 Impreza WRX.

All I have is a cigarette lighter, and a tape adapter with a 3.5 jack.

Would I have to get a usb adapter for the lighter?

And where's the best place to buy this price wise?

yes, you need a usb adapter if you want to use the included cable. otherwise, you could connect your own charger to it. but if you want both sound and power, you might need to use the included cable, which you would just plug the tape adapter into the 3.5mm prong on the included cable.

but im not sure if you could get sound out of the 3.5mm jack on the phone when it's docked...that way you would be able to use your own charger AND your own tape adapter

Upvote 0
new pre-release software update helped the speed of the menu items on the car-dock application. i haven't played with it too much to see if any other quirks have been fixed/changed

I keep having freeze/reboots when using the player while in cardock. I've switched to using PowerAMP as my player (car dock, 2nd page as added app) and haven't had a freeze/reboot yet.

Upvote 0
is there any way to use the usb connection in the car dock? My car supports usb, and its A/D converter is much better. Plus I can use the car's controls with the music. Getting this dock without that ability is like downgrading.

did they lock out usb data connections in this car dock?

I have a pioneer head unit with usb and I can only charge through it. I need to use the 3.5mm cable to get audio. There's a noticeable hum on the speakers when music isn't playing and the navigation is quiet. And audio only works when I plug usb into a charger.

Has anyone managed to get audio out of usb only?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones