• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Velcro + Tablet

Sorry, Man this question is a bit like how long is a piece of string! You'll have to experiment!

Can I suggest possibly sticking the velcro to the stand you intend to use then using pieces of velcro on say a piece of scrap wood (possibly the same or similar weight / dimensions?) and seeing how much works for you? I know you'll possibly be wasting the velcro you stick on the wood but it maybe worth the cost in the long run?

How about using a picture frame stand for the time being instead see if that works for you?

Reactions: ninjakyle
Upvote 0
Can I suggest possibly sticking the velcro to the stand you intend to use then using pieces of velcro on say a piece of scrap wood (possibly the same or similar weight / dimensions?) and seeing how much works for you?

This was great advice and worked great.

I ended up using two strips that are about 4in by 3/4in each. This ends up being MORE than strong enough. (I used double the velcro on my sample and could barely get it off the stand)

This is with industrial Velcro brand stuff. (in case anyone else wants to try it)

Reactions: Aardvark1971
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones