• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Velocity 1.0 issues

Fastboot is protocol used to update the flash filesystem in Android devices from a host over USB. It allows flashing of unsigned partition images. It is disabled in the production G1 devices since USB support is disabled in the bootloader[1]. This can be changed if you get root on the device.

i would say go stock and try again using trident's method. hopefully it works.
his method is not that hard. just use the IRC and the guys on there will help you through the process.

[mod edit: disrespectful comment removed]

Upvote 0
And what the hell is that in refference to? Everyone needs to get the bugs out of their own asses, and not just the phones........

It's not about that at all, I know you haven't been around the scene much so I'll shoot you straight. We here are those who, for whatever reason, ended up with the lowest model Android phones that they make. The truth of the matter is, we aren't supposed to have a kick ass device, we're supposed to have a crappy little, free with two year service plan or free upgrade smartphone. The reason that I get better linpak results than the droid 2 and a few others, (more expensive and better equipped phones, I mind you) is solely because a few people wouldn't settle for minimum experience. That's what the guy said to me the day I got my phone. I said "Cool, an android phone, I've been wanting one of those". The chuckle head verizon guy replied with "Yeah but this phone will only give you the minimum experience". I was crushed, my first ever not "suck" phone and I'll only ever get the minimum experience of a smartphone. That's when I found out about root access and custom roms and finally, the Velocity roms. All of a sudden I had a kick ass device, a phone my friends were jealous of. It's like the Corolla AE86 of android phones. Tweek'em up just right and they'll run circles around "flagship" devices. It's understandable to have a couple of issues from time to time, that's part of the experience, makes you smarter afterwards. I think it's how you asked for help rather than what you were asking for. Remember you're talking about chinks in the armor of awesome afterall. I really don't know if you're good to go now or not, people rarely ever put up that final update but if you are still having problems I would recommend the IRC channel and not so much the forums. The same guys who build these roms are there to help pull guys like you and me, cause yeah I think we've all been there a time or two, from the fire. freenode Web IRC (qwebirc) that's the address to get there. Once there sign up or use guest account or whatever the hell they call it and ask away. I don't mean to come off as a dick and I hope I haven't, it's just that there are avenues in place to get you up and solid and you seem to be lingering in the slow lane. Waisting time waiting for a reply, getting into an argument, waiting for actual advice, repeating your method/problem, getting into another argument, blah blah blah. Use the tools available, you said you've already read through the threads, well this tip is on the Rom Release page in the post at the bottom of the first one. Just trying to save you the aggrevation and frustration of taking this course of action in your quest for Ally Greatness. I hope for you the very best of luck, and welcome to The Ally Forums.

Reactions: Darkangels6sic
Upvote 0
Issue with playback solved. Thank you getitnowmarketing for the suggestion and Trident for the extra info.

As far as the video playback goes what you had to do was get into system/build.prop and set the stagefright values to false. The only app that seemed to actually let me do that was root explorer.
1)Just go to system/buil.prop in the root explorer.
2)Set r/w so you can edit the file or else it will be read only.
3)Change stragefright values from true to false.
4)The app will make a backup of the file which needs to be deleted in order for this to work. Since you are only setting Stagefright to false it's ok.

Upvote 0
Was thinking of something else, sorry. the LG USB driver hasn't been uninstalled or corrupted has it?

I actually have lost the LG drivers for Win 7 (because I accidentally erased windows while installing Ubuntu Studio), however you don't need the drivers to mount as a flash drive (mount USB). At, least i never did before.... also, when I used Savoxis initial release (pre-velocity) the mounting worked fine, so I don't know...

Anyway, on the chance my issue is caused by user error, i did a reflash of Vel1.0 this morning. I will update later if I continue to have issues with mounting the USB.

Upvote 0
So should I just use this and go back to stock and start all over?
http://androidforums.com/ally-all-t...nteer-who-wants-go-back-completely-stock.html

You can use that method to get back to stock v8 but in order to ensure a proper retention of fastboot you need to use one of the posted guides to get back to stock v6. Once this is accomplished you can follow the guide getting to 2.2.1 with root and fastboot in tact. Then and only then should you flash velocity v1.0. And use amonra recovery cos clockwork sucks. You can flash it if you scroll to the end of the list of options within rom manager. Once you do this you can turn off your phone and hold down send+menu+end to boot into recovery (if your phone is plugged in when you power down, hold those keys when the screen goes blank cos the phone will automatically reboot). Follow the guides and you will have no problems. And hit up the ally IRC for guidance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones