• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Velocity install failing

StephenDC

Lurker
May 24, 2011
I have searched for 2 days now and have yet to find a thread referring to a similar issue. I know I cant be the only one. Perhaps I using incorrect phrases or terms when I'm conducting my searches.

The issue:

• After using clockwork rom manager to go into recovery, back up, wipe all data (including dalvik),and installing from zip.. the following occurs:
  • The zip file will initialize, a few prompts will quickly and briefly appear, then it shows a status bar and it says installing. This all happens with in a second or two and then it just reverts back to the main recovery screen.

I have formated my sd card, partitioned it, I DL'd multiple copies of the velocity rom to make sure it wasn't a bad DL. I keep getting the same result.

I am rooted. My Ally is running 2.2.2 but I haven't read anyone stating that you can't install V 1.1 if your already running 2.2.2.

I just can't figure out what I'm missing and/or doing wrong.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Well, this is only a guess, but I would say that since Velocity 1.x is based on 2.2.1, trying to install it on top of 2.2.2 could possibly be the issue. Also, using Clockwork Recovery Mod is not recommended. You might need to use the guide to go back to 2.2.1 and then install Velocity 1.x. OR wait until Velocity 1.2 is released as the rumor is that it will be based on 2.2.2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones