• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Velocity Question.

Is it possible to port Velocity to a Sprint or Virgin Mobile phone? Maybe to an Optimus? I had an ally and loved the stability of this rom. And if it is possible could someone point me in the right direction to do it?

It's not so much "the Velocity ROM" you want as it is "the work of the Velocity team." If one or more of them has the device in question and feels like messing with it, it'll happen.

That said, there are a lot of good ROM authors out there for a lot of devices. I mean absolutely no disrespect to the Velocity team by this; simply there are just a ton of devices out there and no one can write software for all of them at the same time. Look around here or XDA for your device and you may find something you like just as much.

Upvote 0
Well I've looked around and been looking lol. I have been running AOSP for my phone. Its a good rom but I just want some thing unique and different then just modified stock though AOSP is a port. My phone is only a couple months old and I understand it takes time. Just figured if I could port a rom be it velocity or something else I could add to the mix. Once I learn to port. I want something that pushes the boundaries and not be confined the same rom with 3 different names and 3 different kernels.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones