• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Velocity Script

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flashing the splashes is far from perfect, the images corrupt easilly and flashes fail, but a failed flash just causes a blue screen, to fix this just reflash, clear your downloaded cache if it fails again.

EDIT: I think I found a fix Im gunna test some more probably release a v27 later

EDIT: Updated to v27, fixed the splashes I believe (I just have it flash it 2 times, could still mess up if the download gets corrupted) and among a few other things, I implemented a help system, press h in any menu for a simple, brief desc.

Reactions: spiritofjon
Upvote 0
Flashing the splashes is far from perfect, the images corrupt easilly and flashes fail, but a failed flash just causes a blue screen, to fix this just reflash, clear your downloaded cache if it fails again.

EDIT: I think I found a fix Im gunna test some more probably release a v27 later

EDIT: Updated to v27, fixed the splashes I believe (I just have it flash it 2 times, could still mess up if the download gets corrupted) and among a few other things, I implemented a help system, press h in any menu for a simple, brief desc.

I can attest to that. I did the Android Burst (#3) and first time, blue screen, second time, AMAZING ANDROID BURST!!! It doesn't seem like a whole lot, what with the new splash screen and boot animation (I have the Scribbles animation set as well) but everything and anything that distinguishes my BAD ASS ALLY from the almost pathetic stock phone. Thank you guys so much for the love!!

Upvote 0
You weren't by chance trying out the way to disable keys on the Ally keyboard we had discussed in another thread, were you ? That could have an effect on keys not working.

I suppose one route to take would be to go back and re-flash Velocity again and then work forward from there.

Nope, I did not try to disable any keys. My phone just rebooted and it wasn't working.

I tried reflashing Velocity multiple times to no avail.

Thanks for the help :D

Upvote 0

Version 27+ clearing of download caches again worked first time

Upvote 0
Script V28

Ok, so I know the server can be slow sometimes, and I know it can be frustrating so with you guys in mind I spent all day today making a MIRROR system with 3 separate servers, one will be selected randomly when the script launches....

I am going to make it a little smarter, and have an option to set a mirror in the script menu, but for now its random for load balancing!

The mirrors all sync to each other.

This was all really made possible because of Delocated's wget binary, that allows me to wget from a server based on host name rather than IP.

THANKS DELOCATED YOU ROCK

But seriously, thank him, he is the SH Wizard!

Let me know if this new system has any quirks (im sure there may be a few)

Upvote 0
** UPDATED**
I updated to 28 (or tried) and any time I open Terminal Emulator and type su, velocity it says connecting 184.106.76.138 (184.106.76.138:80) and starts flashing can't open cache Velocity/wget.tar "no such file or directory" or something like that. I can't tell you the exact error because the screen rapidly flashes on and off till I shut Terminal Emulator down.

Upvote 0
Actually I have several Nandroid backups. I make them periodically, and also make complete SD card backups to my PC weekly since having my SD card die on me twice with this phone.

What I didn't know is that restoring a Nandroid also restores Velocity Scripts. :) Thanks! I'll go that route later tonight.

I'm not 100% sure it will restore the scripts but would think so

Upvote 0
I hadn't thought of this option, so either way it's worth a shot. The worst that will happen is putting me back a week or so in time. And possibly getting stuck at 600 MHz if it doesn't work. Let's hope it does. :)

Edit - I am restoring my most recent Nandroid, which I made on 4/11/2011 prior to implementing the "move Dalvik Cache to SD" which was recently provided in (I think) script 26. That function gained me tons of internal memory (like increased from 27 to 207 MB). I did not encounter any problems with the several apps I have installed after moving the Dalvik Cache. Not sure if that would have any bearing on this issue with Script 28 though.

After restoring the Nandroid just now, I rebooted and opened Terminal. I had previously added the Terminal option to run SU and Velocity when Terminal starts. I removed that option today when Script 28 malfunctioned, to see if entering it manually would help (it did not).

So, I am now in Velocity Script and seeing the question asking me if I want to download Script 28 again. It appears restoring the Nandroid does in fact restore back to the previous script as well. :) I replied "N" to the update. The screen then revealed I am in Script number 26. So I will have to stay here until I get word that Script 28 or newer is safe to use.

I am re-running the move of Dalvik Cache to the SD card (after it told me to clear my Download Cache to make room for the operation). One thing that I find a bit unsettling is that during this move of the Dalvik Cache, the Terminal screen says it is moving the cache and then "phone will reboot to complete the operation", but then it just sits there appearing to do nothing for several seconds. If it said "will reboot shortly" or something that would help me know it has not frozen in mid-operation, which I usually suspect when I don't see anything happening.

OK, I am back with 180MB free internal memory and running OC'd at 768 MHz. :)

Thanks for suggesting the Nandroid restoration. I'll continue to monitor this thread for news that Script 28 has been fixed.

Reactions: azuma73
Upvote 0
I hadn't thought of this option, so either way it's worth a shot. The worst that will happen is putting me back a week or so in time. And possibly getting stuck at 600 MHz if it doesn't work. Let's hope it does. :)

Edit - I am restoring my most recent Nandroid, which I made on 4/11/2011 prior to implementing the "move Dalvik Cache to SD" which was recently provided in (I think) script 26. That function gained me tons of internal memory (like increased from 27 to 207 MB). I did not encounter any problems with the several apps I have installed after moving the Dalvik Cache. Not sure if that would have any bearing on this issue with Script 28 though.

After restoring the Nandroid just now, I rebooted and opened Terminal. I had previously added the Terminal option to run SU and Velocity when Terminal starts. I removed that option today when Script 28 malfunctioned, to see if entering it manually would help (it did not).

So, I am now in Velocity Script and seeing the question asking me if I want to download Script 28 again. It appears restoring the Nandroid does in fact restore back to the previous script as well. :) I replied "N" to the update. The screen then revealed I am in Script number 26. So I will have to stay here until I get word that Script 28 or newer is safe to use.

I am re-running the move of Dalvik Cache to the SD card (after it told me to clear my Download Cache to make room for the operation). One thing that I find a bit unsettling is that during this move of the Dalvik Cache, the Terminal screen says it is moving the cache and then "phone will reboot to complete the operation", but then it just sits there appearing to do nothing for several seconds. If it said "will reboot shortly" or something that would help me know it has not frozen in mid-operation, which I usually suspect when I don't see anything happening.

OK, I am back with 180MB free internal memory and running OC'd at 768 MHz. :)

Thanks for suggesting the Nandroid restoration. I'll continue to monitor this thread for news that Script 28 has been fixed.

I am getting the same result as you, however no nandroid backup to restore to. Hopefully savoxis will provide us with a way to manually update to the next script update...or needless to say the Velocity 1.1 release!!

Upvote 0
Sorry to read you don't have a Nandroid to restore. My history of this sort of bad news has taught me (the hard way) to back things up, although perhaps not as often as some people recommend. But it did save my bacon tonight.

I am far from knowledgeable on this issue, but perhaps he could make available a zip file one could flash using recovery, which would revert back to Script 27, or forward to Script 29 once he works out the kinks. Since restoring a Nandroid does restore the Script files, it should be doable that way.

Upvote 0
Sorry guys, my brain hurts, I have been hard at this for about 4 hours now.

And the results are in, fix is up with v29 but if the v28 messed up your wget you will need to flash this script patcher i made in recovery, which will fix your wget and update you to v29.

The new v29 uses awesome md5 checksum technology to ensure you are not screwed by evil corruption demons, after mastering this new technology I can now incorporate it into everything making for no more hasstles.

Also in v29 I have recoded the first bit of it, hopefully debugging the connection checker, I thoughly tested myself, but crazy things happen.

Ok, uploading now

Ok, its up, gnight

Upvote 0
**updated**
The downloadable patch works fine, thanks! But just for fun (and FYI) I went ahead and restored a nandroid backup and tried to update the normal OTA way again and am still not able to. Although the screen doesn't flash when it fails now I'm still not able to access the script menu after trying to update via OTA.

MAhNj.png

Upvote 0
Sorry guys, my brain hurts, I have been hard at this for about 4 hours now.

And the results are in, fix is up with v29 but if the v28 messed up your wget you will need to flash this script patcher i made in recovery, which will fix your wget and update you to v29.

The new v29 uses awesome md5 checksum technology to ensure you are not screwed by evil corruption demons, after mastering this new technology I can now incorporate it into everything making for no more hasstles.

Also in v29 I have recoded the first bit of it, hopefully debugging the connection checker, I thoughly tested myself, but crazy things happen.

Ok, uploading now

Ok, its up, gnight

Woot! Thanks for the SUPER fast response and superior work as always!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones