• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Venting. (I moved myself to support, heh!)

Steven58

Former Heavyweight Champion of AF-Early Bird Club
Feb 19, 2010
USA
I had to reset my phone back to factory settings. I had d/l and installed Launcher Pro Beta. I deleted it because I found out that I needed the HTC scrolling calendar widget. When I deleted it my weather animations stopped working. Now, I have to reinstall everything. sigh. Why can't they allow us to use the SD card for apps? sigh. I'm done. No need to answer this ... you can allow it to sink into oblivion.:rolleyes:

system panel and astro both have archive/back-up apps to sd.

reset does not clear sd card, maybe that would have saved you a little time.

or do i misunderstand your vent ?
x2, was gonna say the same thing..

Oddly enough, on my moto droid, when i did my factory reset(once every week with all the modding and rooting ive done to it), it would sometimes load my apps back on automatically...odddddd

Upvote 0
I have had to restore to factory settings 3 times since getting the device. I think Swype had something to do with it. That or Handcent. Still not sure but since I know have an iPad (I won it). I really don't need most of the apps I was using on my Droid and it's faster than it was so I am not going to complain anymore. I use it for calls and GPS.

Upvote 0
I have had to restore to factory settings 3 times since getting the device. I think Swype had something to do with it. That or Handcent. Still not sure but since I know have an iPad (I won it). I really don't need most of the apps I was using on my Droid and it's faster than it was so I am not going to complain anymore. I use it for calls and GPS.

Uh oooooooooooooooh. I have swype AND handcent. However, on second thought I (stupid me) had installed flash 10.1 and uninstalled it. I'm thinking that my problems might have happened at that time. I don't know. I'm going to "use protection" this time. ;)

Upvote 0
I had to reset my phone back to factory settings. I had d/l and installed Launcher Pro Beta. I deleted it because I found out that I needed the HTC scrolling calendar widget. When I deleted it my weather animations stopped working. Now, I have to reinstall everything. sigh. Why can't they allow us to use the SD card for apps? sigh. I'm done. No need to answer this ... you can allow it to sink into oblivion.:rolleyes:
I have done it three times and used my backup pro,it works like a charm.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, or fortunately...

Sprite doesn't pad it's comments out unlike some other backup apps in marketplace.

ie when we get a bad one, even if from an unlikely source we don't post 3-5, 5 star reviews so that we bump it, and can make retail sales :)

Our policy, unfortunately makes us an easy target. Same commenters can have a go multiple times, by changing a character or two over months.

Great to see we are now coming out on devices in Android ROM, many manufacturers will have great backup protection, and we can do cool things since we are platform signed.

Just my two cents, from a Sprite Team member.

Julian
Sprite Backup, the trusted solution by Handset manufacturers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones