1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Verification, are they who they say they are?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box & Feedback' started by dautley, Aug 7, 2011.

1. dautley

dautley Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Dickson, TN.
    Is there anything that Android forums can do to verify that members claiming to work for companies such as Verizon, AT&T Etc. and answer questions calming to be various company reps really are?
    Maybe some kind of back scene verification, then give them their own color so everyone knows they are who they claim to be?
    I've just noticed a lot of threads and answers from people claiming to be with this company or that company lately and I would be nice to know if they are legit or not.
    I know most of those who really do this wish to remain anonymous and I think they should be able to remain so publicly on the forum, but other members also have the right to know if these people are legit that are answering questions as reps.

Advertisement

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Part of the problem with this is that a lot of the information doled out in the forums is 'leaked' info - and performing background checks and the like will only open up the door to having that info not being shared b/c there is too great a liability in the person facing repercussions from the company that they work for...

3. Phases

Phases NO LONGER ADMIN MSG ROB

Sep 9, 2008
    Male
    IT
    Nashville, TN
    We do not care to verify, this introduces extra issues we don't care to be held responsible for, etc. Our stance, currently, is believe 'em or don't - and let the community debunk them over time (or them debunk themselves) as they simply prove inaccurate or incorrect in what they say.

NightAngel79 likes this.