• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verify SIM Unlock?

How can I check if my Galaxy Nexus is SIM unlocked? I bought it in South Korea, but when I put my AT&T SIM into it, it recognizes the phone number and network type but says my Network is "unknown," my Service State is "Out of Service," and my Mobile Network State is "Disconnected."

My AT&T SIM obviously doesn't work in South Korea, but can someone tell me how to figure out if the phone is actually SIM unlocked? Thanks.

How can I check if my Galaxy Nexus is SIM unlocked? I bought it in South Korea, but when I put my AT&T SIM into it, it recognizes the phone number and network type but says my Network is "unknown," my Service State is "Out of Service," and my Mobile Network State is "Disconnected."

My AT&T SIM obviously doesn't work in South Korea, but can someone tell me how to figure out if the phone is actually SIM unlocked? Thanks.

If the phone were locked, it would prompt you for an unlock code when you put sim in that wasn't for the original network. It's unlocked.

The GSM nexus can(or should) be able to accept any SIM card that is a GSM carrier version. I am not sure why your phone doesnt recognize this as the correct carrier, can you obtain a new AT&T SIM card by any chance that you know works or a brand new one and try again?

I think he's putting a U.S. sim in his phone while still in South Korea. You have to let AT&T know (so they can soak you for additional charges) if you take your sim/phone overseas.

Reactions: VoidedSaint
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones