• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Veriozon Bloatware :(

So I must say I am already annoyed with the bloatware. First thing I got was Advanced App Killer and wow to all the BS Verizon has on auto run. Cleaned up 200+MB of Ram on first run :eek:
For the love of the FSM, DO NOT USE TASK KILLERS. They hinder performance and battery life. They're only useful if you have one particularly badly coded app. That doesn't happen anymore on Android from top tier devs.

Yea tell me about it.. Cant even remove the useless apps..
Ah grasshopper ... wait for the magic of root to become available. You shall see your bloatware problems vanish faster than you can say "sudo rm".

Upvote 0
Stop using task killers!!!!!! Read the countless posts on this forums and you'll learn task killers on android 2.2 and up are NOT needed. Get Juice Defender, uninstall your task killer and enjoy better battery and reliable performance.

Considering 2.1 and lower were capped at using 256mb ram and 2.2 and higher use any ram based on the particular usage algorithm it sees with your device for apps- a task killer is even better to have now.

Just exclude system apps and the process can be useful.

Reactions: Lucidot
Upvote 0
To be honest I dont think the every said 8gb in phone storage.. Even with my rom I still get only 3gbs

8gb internal is listed as a spec. If 4gb is disabled (as VZW tech level 2 states) the device actually has 4gb internal.

Still surprised few find this odd. More to the point, why does Motorola have no problem with 8gb internal, but HTC had to kill 4gb?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones