• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] 1-Click Bootloader Unlock App for Verizon!

Disclaimer: I don't have a SGSIII and stumbled upon this gem over on Droid Life. Just thought I would give you guys a heads up as we all hate how Verizon is mucking up every single phone they release with this crap.

I just thought some of you may want to try this method vs. having to run it through Linux. You must be rooted for this to work however.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mmmeff.ez.unlock

I look forward to hearing what the experts on here have to say....but here are 2 things I noticed just looking at the play store site on this.
1. Almost all the reviews had this at the end of their name: August 17, 2012 - Samsung Galaxy S3 with version 1.1
2. It looks like it comes with ads if you look at the screenshot.

Just my 2 cents.

Upvote 0
Program was just released. It is on version 1.1, so that's why it says that near the end of the review. It's a free app, I hope the dev makes thousands of dollars from the ads. I'd rather have an ad supported app than one I have to pay $0.99 for.

*edit: I just downloaded it and am gonna click an ad for the dev. :p
*edit 2: I can't click an ad :( I am on synergy and they remove ads. Can someone else click it for me and make him a few cents?

Upvote 0
Thank you for the post, Derek. I've been waiting for this for a while, thankfully this works like a charm! I've followed over at xda, but that place is not particularly used friendly for the casual android user/hacker like me. Once this was posted here I went to double check, and I'm pretty sure this is legit. It seems there was a leak inside Samsung that gave away the ability to unlock the bootloader. Bravo!

Upvote 0
It works perfectly; I use it and it's in my guide. Its from the same dev who made EZ Recovery, another must-have and excellent app for our phone.

AdAway takes care of ads. (Sorry but the obnoxious ones spoil it for everyone since its all-or-nothing.) In-app ads are fine and are standard (why do you think Google entered the mobile market?); it the push ads, browser alterations, ringtone alterations, etc. that cross the line.

The VZW SIII was just unlocked a few days ago and this app quickly followed.

Upvote 0
It works perfectly; I use it and it's in my guide. Its from the same dev who made EZ Recovery, another must-have and excellent app for our phone.

AdAway takes care of ads. (Sorry but the obnoxious ones spoil it for everyone since its all-or-nothing.) In-app ads are fine and are standard (why do you think Google entered the mobile market?); it the push ads, browser alterations, ringtone alterations, etc. that cross the line.

The VZW SIII was just unlocked a few days ago and this app quickly followed.

Can you lock the bootloader back if you need to go back to stock? Thanks for the guide by the way!!!

Upvote 0
I have tried to read up on this...but just so the newbies like me know...what does this do to our phone that is making everyone here so happy?.
I have rooted my phone just not upgraded/installed a new ROM...will be doing that soon. For now I have downloaded this from the Play Store and have not touched it.

for me, I'm still mostly stock with a few mods, but haven't flashed a new ROM yet. What makes me happy is just the fact my bootloader is now UNLOCKED. It's just the principal of it :)

Upvote 0
I have tried to read up on this...but just so the newbies like me know...what does this do to our phone that is making everyone here so happy?.
I have rooted my phone just not upgraded/installed a new ROM...will be doing that soon. For now I have downloaded this from the Play Store and have not touched it.
Simplistically, unlocking allows for better ROMs.

Upvote 0

With a locked bootloader, only properly signed "official" roms/kernels can be loaded on your device. There were some workarounds devised by the developers like kexec to load a custom kernel from the recovery partition, but the best way to get custom kernels/roms on your device is with an unlocked bootloader.

Upvote 0
With a locked bootloader, only properly signed "official" roms/kernels can be loaded on your device. There were some workarounds devised by the developers like kexec to load a custom kernel from the recovery partition, but the best way to get custom kernels/roms on your device is with an unlocked bootloader.

You guys rock...thanks for the explanation. Now all I need is an SD card, and I am ready to go.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones