1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General verizon 32gb s4 preorder

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ericreinhardt, Jun 28, 2013.

1. ericreinhardt

ericreinhardt Member
    None

May 29, 2010
    Hey Spence I ordered on Tuesday and I received on Thursday. Im coming from the s3 and the main reason I ordered was because I needed 32gb internal storage but man everything about this s4 is awsome. Im so glad I did it. If there are people on the fence about upgrading from their s3 to the s4 pull the trigger. You have 14 days to return if you dont like.

Advertisement

2. SpenceJT

SpenceJT Newbie
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    I'm upgrading my Galaxy Nexus (using my 10 year old daughter's line which is out of contract so I don't lose my unlimited data - she will retain her "dumb" flip-phone) so it should be a very nice improvement! My GNex (rooted and running the CM nightlies) rolls down to my wife (who currently has my old HTC Thunderbolt - also rooted).

I would have preferred to grow up to a 64GB S4, but a sideways upgrade from the GNex should be nice, if only for the many improvements in speed, connectivity & battery life that have come about since then.

The plan is to get it updated with the latest FW, then root it to get rid of the bloatware. I may eventually get CM loaded onto it, but only if they have seen to include APIs that take advantage of the new features (S-apps, motion control, eye-tracking pause, etc.).

Picked up my case/holster & Zagg screen protector yesterday, and have a class 10 64GB card waiting to be picked up. The only remaining item on my list is a spare battery & battery charger (for extended excursions), but these are secondary until I discern battery life, which I understand should be an improvement over my GNex.

Sorry about rambling on - Always excited to get a shiny new toy! Expecting delivery Wed-Thur this week. Can't freak'n wait!

3. BionicDR

BionicDR Lurker
    None

Nov 13, 2011
    Im in the process of backing up and unrooting my phone s4 16 gb so I can take it back and get the 32gb from another dealer. I'm afraid I'm going to get the new unrootable system already installed. do you have a link for instructions to root with the google edition rom and possibly what I will lose by ditching touchwiz?

Much Thanks for any response