1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Verizon 4g/LTE Hidden Fees (disaster adverted, I was dumb, it's my activation fee)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dyezak, Mar 25, 2011.

1. dyezak

dyezak Well-Known Member

Ok...I was expecting the usual taxes, federal fees, etc. And I see those on my first 4g/LTE bill:

However there's another line that I wasn't expecting, wasn't explained to me, and wasn't even alluded to by VZW when signing my contract:

So they are making me pay the government fees, then making me pay them again? Not likely...so I dug deeper and found a more detailed description of these fees:

So are they hiding the 4g upcharge in these fees and advertizing that 4g is no more than 3g? Does everyone have these $44.69 fees on their new bill? Did you have these $44.69 fees when you were on your old 3g service?

I ask because I'm a new Verizon customer....

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Lucidot

Lucidot Android Enthusiast

Mine hover right around $6.80 and has for the past 3 billing cycles.

You must have another charge on there for something specific. A phone call will most likely get you a better explanation as to what it is for.

3. thebra

thebra Newbie

I'll be curious to find this out as well. I just switched from ATT and was expecting a slightly lower bill. I know that there are always stupid carrier and govt fees but that seems high.

4. Odinist

Odinist Well-Known Member

Check your bill, are you sure you're not seeing the activation charge?

I checked my second month statement (started with VZW a month before the TBolt, switched to the TBolt when it came out) just now, and my data fee is 29.99 (well, it's cheaper because of my corp discount), but yeah, it's what it's supposed to be.

dyezak and thebra like this.
  5. TheDanimal

TheDanimal Member

Definitely warrants a call to customer service, it also mentioned other charges and credits, which could be activation fess or accessories or even downloads

6. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Android Expert

Call and have them do a run-through with you. It's most likely prorated/activation charges. The first bill is usually higher.

7. dyezak

dyezak Well-Known Member

Odinist likes this.
  8. dyezak

dyezak Well-Known Member

Updated title to reflect my ignorance!

9. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Android Expert

LOL! No worries. I've had first bill moments of panic myself. :)

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews