• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon $50 prepaid plan

noahj1102

Sep 21, 2011
I'm currently on the T Mobile $30 prepaid with unlimited text, data, and 100 minutes talk on my Nexus 5.

However, I'm finding I'm using around 200+ minutes a month and I end up spending about $40-$50 instead of the standard $30.

So I was looking and I see Verizon has a $50 unlimited prepaid plan.

Is it really unlimited for text, data, and talk for $50 monthly prepaid?

Am I missing some fine print? This seems right up my alley.

Verizon has new plans now. Its 45 a month for talk text and 500 mb. If you want more data you can purchase data add ons. 5 dollars gets you 500 mb. (So it is the same 50 bucks for 1gb) 10 dollars gets you an extra gig or for 20 you can add 3 gigs. You can stack 2 data add ons at a time. So say you want 6.5 gb a month itll be 85 bucks a month. You can purchase the data add ons at any time though as they expire at different intervals. The 500 mb 5 dollar add on is good for 30 days from when you purchase it. The others are 90 days. So yes you can rollover your data for 3 months if your a light user. Keep in mind though you have to keep the monthly 45 dollar plan active you cant just keep a data add on. So say you use 6 mb of data every 3 months. So that first month you pay the 85. In 30 days even though your data dont expire your monthly plan does so you have to keep the plan active and pay the 45 bucks.

Upvote 0
Verizon has new plans now. Its 45 a month for talk text and 500 mb. If you want more data you can purchase data add ons. 5 dollars gets you 500 mb. (So it is the same 50 bucks for 1gb) 10 dollars gets you an extra gig or for 20 you can add 3 gigs. You can stack 2 data add ons at a time. So say you want 6.5 gb a month itll be 85 bucks a month. You can purchase the data add ons at any time though as they expire at different intervals. The 500 mb 5 dollar add on is good for 30 days from when you purchase it. The others are 90 days. So yes you can rollover your data for 3 months if your a light user. Keep in mind though you have to keep the monthly 45 dollar plan active you cant just keep a data add on. So say you use 6 mb of data every 3 months. So that first month you pay the 85. In 30 days even though your data dont expire your monthly plan does so you have to keep the plan active and pay the 45 bucks.

Thanks for the info. I assume if I do want to add more data I'll have to upgrade to the new plan. I'll think I'll just go back to using Opera in off-road mode and only use Chrome only when I need it. I was only averaging about 800MB a month until I started using the Chrome browser...even with the data saving mode enabled. What can I say, I'm cheap and would rather save the $5 lol.

Upvote 0
Since you only get to use 3g phones. It makes more sense going with pageplus or even better, Selectel wireless. Same network, cheaper plans. Plus you can flash 4g phones over to these networks.

I have a Moto G, and from what I understand, I have to use it on Verizon's prepaid network for six moths before I can do this. It is something to think about though.

Upvote 0
So here I am again with additional issues with T-Mobile.

Still ending up spending about $50 a month for my Nexus 5 and the wife's Nexus 4.

To add to that, my service seems to be getting worse and worse. I work on a hospital and when not using WiFi, my signal is almost zero. I live in Denver and I'm just about fed up with poor signal strength outside the city.

My question, does Verizon not have any prepaid service that I can use 4g? I'm switching my wife to the Verizon $50 prepaid since she uses little data and is on 3g.

But any solution for me and my Nexus 5?

Upvote 0
My question, does Verizon not have any prepaid service that I can use 4g?

Nope, all Verizon prepaid is currently 3G. :(

So here I am again with additional issues with T-Mobile.
But any solution for me and my Nexus 5?

Does AT&T have good reception where you live and work? You could use them or one of their MVNOs (Cricket, H2O, etc).

If your Nexus 5 is from the Play Store you could take it to Sprint and join a Framily plan. For Sprint MVNOs I believe the only one that can BYOD a Nexus 5 is Ting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones