1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Verizon Accounts for 28% of Motorola Sales, but Manufacturer Cautious with Partnership Moving Forwar

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by phandroid, Feb 22, 2011.

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot
    None

Apr 12, 2008
    It isn’t every day that all the pieces fall in place to virtually single-handidly save a company from shuttering its doors, but this is exactly what happened when Motorola brought the Android operating system to Verizon Wireless. Just a little more than a year later Motorola has been riding a huge wave of success thanks [...]

More...

Advertisement

Olizzz likes this.
  2. NowVoyager

NowVoyager Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Entrepreneur
    Left Coast
    When selecting my latest phone I ignored Moto 100% and will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. It was the least that I could do considering the abysmal way they handled Cliq XT debacle. If Moto should ask when I might consider buying another of their products tell them..."soon"...but check back with me in Q4

3. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    Male
    Programmer
    Columbia, SC
    Having one Motorola device (the Droid X) I am not disappointed with it at all.
    The problem is that they took my freedom away with the locked bootloader.
    This is enough to make me shy away from another Motorola device, or at least take a very hard look at getting another.

I know they don't care about that because the average consumer is not going to install custom roms.

I still want the choice to do so if I deem it fit, just like the Nexus one.

4. jroc

jroc Android Expert
    None

Apr 10, 2010
    Its funny....the last 2 posts are both reasonable in how the poster feels about Motorola. I had a E815, Droid 1 and X and based on those 3 phones, I am a big fan of Motorola. (even with the E815 and the charging port that kept braking after about 6 months of use...)

Me, it not so much the bootloader that might have me looking elsewhere but a combination of things, with the bootloader playing a small part in it. What has me pissed at them is on the Atrix HDMI mirroring straight from the phone might be disabled and you either have to use one of the docks or root the phone to enable it.

On the Bionic HDMI mirroring is listed as a feature..

If thats the case, I'm disappointed in Moto for that move.

5. NowVoyager

NowVoyager Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Entrepreneur
    Left Coast
    They have relied upon their relationship with Vizzie as the Droid House. And now Vizzie's Thunderbolt is creating the current storm...Moto seems to have gotten rained out. As for their new flagship, while it has interesting specs, there are no long lines forming at any store to get that one. Juxtapose that to when the upcoming iPhone 5 drops later this year. Imagine that there will be the typical long lines to get that one at ATT. At which point, they'll be an also-ran over there too. Have they boxed themselves in? I'd be sympathetic but the residual effects of the XT in me won't allow it, LOL.

6. Xtina642

None

Feb 23, 2011
    Interesting article.

7. samsa1

samsa1 Lurker
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    Motorolla Xoom so far seems to be the tough competition for Apple Ipad, they must reduce its price if they really want to compete.

8. Knewz

Knewz Android Expert
    None

Oct 22, 2010
    Tech
    Georgia
    $200 off with new contract agreement

9. Olizzz

None

Feb 25, 2011
    Very interesting contribution . Thanks a lot!