1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] adb drivers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tsargent347, Dec 31, 2011.

1. tsargent347

tsargent347 Well-Known Member

Ok im in the process of unlocking my phone and ive got android sdk set up for the most part..havent gotten fastboot stuff setup, but my question is, if i got adb device in the command prompt to reconize my phone shoukd i download the drivers on the samsung site? Didnt know if it was nesscary since i my computer is seeing my phone when u type in adb devices in the commad prompt...thanks for the help in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

I think there's a definite difference between the USB drivers needed for adb and those needed for fastboot.

The PDAnet and/or the Naked 1.7 drivers referenced here http://androidforums.com/galaxy-nexus-all-things-root/470831-how-all-things-root-samsung-galaxy-nexus.html#post3711706 seem to do a good job of handling both adb and fastboot.

Be sure to verify your connectivity with "adb devices" and "fastboot devices" in each proper mode (adb will work with "regular" Android booted as long as USB debugging is enabled; adb will also work while your phone is booted into custom recovery; fastboot will only work when your phone is in fastboot / bootloader mode).

Good luck!

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews