• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] adb drivers

tsargent347

Aug 24, 2011
Upstate South Carolina
Ok im in the process of unlocking my phone and ive got android sdk set up for the most part..havent gotten fastboot stuff setup, but my question is, if i got adb device in the command prompt to reconize my phone shoukd i download the drivers on the samsung site? Didnt know if it was nesscary since i my computer is seeing my phone when u type in adb devices in the commad prompt...thanks for the help in advance!

Ok im in the process of unlocking my phone and ive got android sdk set up for the most part..havent gotten fastboot stuff setup, but my question is, if i got adb device in the command prompt to reconize my phone shoukd i download the drivers on the samsung site? Didnt know if it was nesscary since i my computer is seeing my phone when u type in adb devices in the commad prompt...thanks for the help in advance!

I think there's a definite difference between the USB drivers needed for adb and those needed for fastboot.

The PDAnet and/or the Naked 1.7 drivers referenced here http://androidforums.com/galaxy-nexus-all-things-root/470831-how-all-things-root-samsung-galaxy-nexus.html#post3711706 seem to do a good job of handling both adb and fastboot.

Be sure to verify your connectivity with "adb devices" and "fastboot devices" in each proper mode (adb will work with "regular" Android booted as long as USB debugging is enabled; adb will also work while your phone is booted into custom recovery; fastboot will only work when your phone is in fastboot / bootloader mode).

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones