1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] After root "media" is eating battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lonewolf411, Dec 18, 2012.

1. lonewolf411

lonewolf411 Newbie

So I rooted my s3 earlier tonight and haven't flashed a custom rom yet. I've made a nandroid backup and backed up my apps and data with titanium backup. My battery has started to plummet within the past couple hours. I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary. I've checked battery and "media" is taking up over 30 percent, that's more than the screen! What could be doing this and how can I fix it? There was no problem on 4.1.1 before root.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

its a problem with the new way that CWM creates backups (at least on our phones anyway)...CWM uses this new "blobs" folder for redundant data in multiple backups...

unfortunately the media function of our phone scans all file locations for media...well the "blobs" folder contains thousands and thousands of files for the phone to scan...

remedies:

1. change the backup format in CWM
    2. put a .nomedia file in the blobs folder

this should quiet down media drainage

3. lonewolf411

lonewolf411 Newbie

Im sorry i dont know how to do this. How would i go about doing these steps?

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews