1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Verizon] Alarm icon freaking out

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tensazan, Jan 9, 2014.

1. tensazan

tensazan Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    Indiana
    Hey all, just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue; also, sorry for the long explanation. I rooted my phone last week or so, and the other day backed up the imei using nvback, along with using the synergy method. I also wanted to try to back up using qpst, but when I tried to access the hidden menu, my phone froze for a minute then rebooted. After rebooting it would go back to my lock screen like normal, but would freeze again. I noticed that before freezing, the alarm clock icon (the one that says an alarm is enabled) in my notification bar would disappear and reappear insanely quick. I tried uninstall apps I had just installed, along with wiping cache and dalvik cache, but neither worked; it just kept freezing. I ended up restoring from a nandoid backup, and that seems to have fixed it for the most part, but it will still disappear then reappear with about a second every minute or so. ---On a side note, my phone rebooted in my pocket today, but I don't know if that's related to the issue---.

Has anyone else run into this issue and/or maybe know how to fix it? As far as I can tell, it's not really affecting the usability of my phone, and it's something I can definitely live with if need be, but it's a little annoying to see the icon do that multiple times while using the phone.

P.S. It doesn't happen when I disable the alarms, which should be expected.

P.P.S. I put this in this section as the Verizon root section seems kind of dead. Sorry if I should have put it in there. :thinking:

Advertisement

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    Hello tensazen!
    Yeah, I moved your thread into the root forum for Verizon ;)

What rom are you running? And was your nandroid backup the stock, rooted rom, or a different one?

Edit: curious as to the guide you used to backup your IMEI.? I did the same thing but don't recall doing the qpst thing. :thinking:

3. tensazan

None

Apr 21, 2011
    Indiana
    Ah, hopefully someone will see the thread. I'm on stock, but rooted and everything. I don't have the link to the guide, but I saw it in a few sites, and the results seemed pretty positive. The guide said to get into a certain menu, and change one of the usb settings temporarily, then run the qpst backup. Sorry I couldn't really go into more detail, but that's all I remember of the guide. The issue started as soon as I tried to get into the hidden menu through the dialer.

4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    Is this guide akin to what you used for the qpst?:
    [Backup] QPST Backup of your NV data (IMEI) US Variants

If so, how far into that guide for qpst did you get before the phone started acting wonky?

Have you tried a completely different rom to see if the issue persists ?

5. tensazan

None

Apr 21, 2011
    Indiana
    Yep, that has the same steps for qpst as the guide I was going to use. The phone started messing up as soon as I finished entering the code to get to the hidden menu. I haven't tried another rom yet, but I was planning on trying cm 11 at some point. The odd thing is that the problem has somewhat persisted through a restore of a nandroid backup from before I tried it.

6. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert
    None

May 20, 2013
    Male
    Director of a non profit
    Nelsonville, Ohio
    My Galaxy Rush is unrooted and it has been doing the same thing for a couple weeks.