1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Verizon android warranty or other warranty companies?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Travis Wind, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Travis Wind

Travis Wind Lurker

I'm getting a new Verizon S20 phone. I hope there will be no problems with it.

I don't like the warranties that the manufacturers or Verizon offer because they will send you a refurbished phone if there is a problem. I did not have any good experiences with refurbished phones because many companies just send out the damaged phones others sent back without fixing anything.

I'm thinking of buying a warranty from an independent warranty company that will have a repair shop fix my own phone . That way I will know what I'm getting.

Any advice on this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

well i get my phones usually at Best Buy. their Geek Squad Protection is pretty good. they do give refurbished phones, but i have never had any issues with them in the past. my note 8 was a refurbished one and i was able to use it as a trade for full value when i got my note 10+

my friend has his phone insured by https://www.asurion.com/faqs/ and received a brand new phone.

3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Once I learned that Best Buy's return window was a whopping 15 days, I never bought another thing from them. What if I purchased a gift that wouldn't even be opened in two weeks - and it turned out defective?

As far as extended warranties go, I recommend them. A lot of stuff is garbage these days, and it's good to have recourse. I actually renewed my Ford Explorer's extended warranty for another 50,000 miles because the first extended warranty more than paid for itself. We had a Samsung refrigerator that had to be repaired so many times under the extended warranty that the technician made Samsung buy it back. And they did: full price.

After being disgusted with Squaretrade's decision to eliminate human customer service interactions, I canceled all my Squaretrade warranties and got Asurion Home. It's $25/month but it covers every electronic gadget in the house, no matter how old it is. That's some peace of mind right there.

ocnbrze and svim like this.