1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips verizon anti-scratch

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kokop159, Mar 1, 2012.

1. kokop159

kokop159 Newbie
    None

Mar 1, 2012
    Does anyone use verizon anti-scratch screen protector? Is it like anti-glare where the whites are weird and you can see some weird things when the screen is white?

Advertisement

2. Cotton123

Cotton123 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 11, 2011
    They make both an anti glare and a clear kind if You mean the ones they sell in the store. I am currently using the clear ones until I get time to grab some better brand covers. There is a bad glare with the clear in most light any brighter than a 40w bulb :) But it does what its meant to do for now

3. kokop159

kokop159 Newbie
    None

Mar 1, 2012
    Thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to get the clear one today and see how it does :D

4. SamXp

SamXp Android Enthusiast
    None

I used the clear one for a while and thought it was a little "milky" so blacks weren't nearly as deep as they were without it. Still haven't found a screen protector I like because the Skinomi has nice, dark blacks but is so soft you can dent it with your fingernail (although scuffs are self-healing).

lowlyworm likes this.
  5. kokop159

kokop159 Newbie
    None

Mar 1, 2012
    Well I just got it and it seems to be pretty good. But the problem is that it can be scratched VERY easily. I put it on and tried to get the bubbles out using the card that it comes with. But I ended up scratching the protector with it. So if someone is going to get it, be careful putting it on and getting the bubbles out.

6. zazan

zazan Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 15, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    I have had the verizon clear on now for over 3 months and it really is very good. I'm not a psycho perfectionist so take my opinion with as much salt as necessary. I also screw up putting the protector on so I always get the folks at the store to do it.

7. silverlake

silverlake Newbie
    None

Jul 2, 2010
    Warner Robins, GA
    Agree with zazan. Have had the verizon clear screen protector on for about 2 weeks, and I can't tell the difference with it or without it. Had the Dinc before and always let the Verizon reps put screen protector on, and I am a klutz and messed up too many trying to put them on. Have had the Rezound now for about 6 weeks and I love it!

8. Mr. Boom

Mr. Boom Android Enthusiast

Jul 23, 2010
    EOD/UXO
    Nevada
    The one i got when i got my Rez shows fingerprints so bad that it blurs the images on the screen. Terrible! I use the wet application protectors. I put one on my Incredible. One. Never needed another.

9. kokop159

kokop159 Newbie
    None

Mar 1, 2012
    I don't have any issues with fingerprints. But it does seem to get dirty pretty easily. But the screen protector gets scratched so easily.

Tags: