1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Any ROMS that fix the VZ Bluetooth issues?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ac29593, Aug 21, 2012.

1. ac29593

ac29593 Well-Known Member

The bluetooth doesn't sync to my car and I have to re-pair every time I get in and out.

This is a common issue as I have read, seems only with VZ model.

Does anyone know if there is a ROM out there that fixes the bluetooth bugs?

I am assuming this is a software issue.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

i don't use bluetooth myself in the car...BUT i know a lot of work has been put into SynergyROM and bluetooth issues...might want to check it out...no promises...but i know the devs have worked hard to make it work

you can see the changelog since the ROM went to nightly status...there are quite a few entries regarding bluetooth so it might be worth checking out

synergy-siii-vzw - Activity - Infected SVN

bjanow likes this.
  3. ac29593

ac29593 Well-Known Member

Great, thanks for the tip.

4. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

Yep, rumor has it that is now fixed in the latest R50 ver of Synergy. YMMV.

5. Eryl Flynn

Eryl Flynn Android Enthusiast

Depends on what bug. Running CleanRom 1.3 and I do not have to enter the ping every time I connect to a device.

6. Rolo42

Rolo42 Android Enthusiast

I have a similar issue and wonder if its my stuff or the norm for this phone:

Upon a reboot or re-enabling Bluetooth, I have to manually connect (not pair again; it remains paired) my Plantronics headpiece by pressing the button on it. This is the first phone I've had this issue; I haven't found an option to automatically connect to paired BT devices.

Am I missing something? Because that's pretty asinine.

7. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

I've even had that with my gnex now that you mention it. I don't use BT that often so I never really thought about it. But even though my device maintains the pairing with my speaker set, I need to hit connect to get it to .. well connect. However, when I get into the car which has BT it auto connects. Or it did with the gnex, haven't tried it on this yet. I will in about 2 weeks when I travel and get the car again.

Have you tried it on a car BT?

8. Rolo42

Rolo42 Android Enthusiast

I don't have a car BT--well, besides Torque, which does automatically connect to my BT OBD-II scanner.

I use my Plantronics earpiece 99% of the time.

9. Member112085

Member112085 Guest

Maybe it's a problem with your car's bluetooth? Mine connects just fine when I get in the car. :thinking:

10. alprazolam

alprazolam Android Expert

I use the Plantronics Voyager Pro and I've had to manually connect to my work phone Razr Maxx, my Gnex. Not all of the time, but it does happen a lot. I can't find the headset, so i haven't tried it with the GS3 yet.

11. brinky

brinky Well-Known Member

I have no issue with my car Bluetooth or a Bluetooth headset with my stock Vz S3. Connects every time as soon as the BT devices power on.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews