1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Verizon] Anybody tried CM10.1 M-Series?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rossmathis, Jan 22, 2013.

1. rossmathis

rossmathis Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Male
    Contemplating rooting my Galaxy S III to give this a try. But I wanted to survey those who've already taken the plunge and see what issues, if any, have been experienced. This is suppose to be as close to "stable" as it has been thus far, but can anyone report any issues?

Advertisement

2. WhoDoo Voodoo

WhoDoo Voodoo Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 11, 2012
    Bad News
    Haven't tried that one yet, but judging by it's still an experimental first release, probably not the first ROM you want to try. I have been running several 4.2.1 builds and The Linaro Liquid 4.2.1 has been by far the most stable. If you have a decent amount of ROMing experience you may want to go with that. If you are kinda noobish, may want to stick with a solid 4.1.1 build such as BeansROM or Synergy. there really isn't a whole lot of difference between 4.1.1 and 4.2.1. there are even ASOP buils on 4.1.1. But that seems like folly to me as all you do is lose a lot of functionality you had in a touchwiz ROM.

3. rmcf

rmcf Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 2, 2010
    Been running it since it released. I honestly find it more stable than the the stable 10.0.

4. wolf_walker

wolf_walker Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Male
    I was up till I discovered NFC was off and couldn't be switched back on when trying to install google wallet. Other than that I liked it a lot, the interface much more so than any of the TouchWiz variants. It was the most recent M2 I believe.

5. liteon163

liteon163 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 5, 2012
    I've been wondering this as well, as my install of CM 10.0 stable is not very stable. I've been experiencing at least one reboot per day, even after fixing permissions. It is almost always related to screen unlocking issues; the phone's buttons light up when unlocking the phone, but the screen stays black. All I can do is hold the power button to force a reboot. Or, sometimes, when I attempt to unlock the phone it will skip the freezing and go right to rebooting.

Frankly, it is incredibly disappointing and frustrating. If I don't find a fix soon, I will be returning to stock (which crashed on me once in the 8 months I've owned the phone).

So CM 10.1 M2 might be better than stable 10.0?

6. liteon163

liteon163 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 5, 2012
    I'm now running the latest CM10.1 M release. It does seem to be more stable for me than CM10.

The lock screen doesn't lock up nearly as often now. And when it does, all I have to do is hit the power button again to turn the screen back off. Then I can unlock it like usual.

I'll keep an eye on it. But I'm still getting the itch to try AOKP or some such...