• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Anyone used stump root and see their phone slow down?

daniel178

Mar 26, 2011
Hello,

Question: has anyone noticed a considerable slow down/laggy phone after using stump root? I have...

This is my 2nd or 3rd G2, so I am pretty familiar with the behavior and feel of this phone. I got it (remanufactured, from Asurion via insurance) after my last one cracked. So: I got the new phone, immediately updated to software version 26A, then rooted using stump root. Now, after using the phone for a couple of weeks, I have decided that this phone is quite laggy and sluggish -- definitely not what a snappy G2 should be. Same apps and settings and configuration as my last G2s.

So-- do you think its the phone itself? Or have others seen a slow-down after using Stump to root?

(Edit: this is the first time I've rooted using stump. I've only done manual root or ioroot to root my past G2s).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones