• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon at MWC

carpdeeem

Lurker
Mar 16, 2010
Have there been any phones announced at MWC that are confirmed or rumored for Verizon launch? I noticed that the HTC One X is landing on AT&T (with a dual core Snapdragon instead of quad core Tegra 3) but wondering about the LG Optimus 4X HD, Huawei D Quad XL, or anything else in the high-end range...

Still have my original DInc and am itching to upgrade, but not sold on the current offerings (Nexus, Razr Maxx, Rezound, etc.).

Mobile World Congress is sponsored by the GSM Association. Us CDMA folks can only look and get an idea of what kind of phones are on the horizon. That being said, I'm sure something from MWC will end up on VZW.

I also read somewhere that the SGS III was going to be released globally simultaneously. It's just a rumor and it doesn't necessarily mean it'll drop to all US carriers. Only reason Verizon passed on the SGS II was because of the Galaxy Nexus exclusivity.

I'm watching MWC mainly just to see what the specs will look like in the near future for phones.

Reactions: carpdeeem
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones