1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] ATT Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon Network?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Stoutdoggy, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Stoutdoggy

Stoutdoggy Lurker

Sorry if this is a noob question but I need some assistance.

Can a unlocked ATT Galaxy Note 2 be used on the Verizon network? I know the networking technologies are different but I am under the impression that all Galaxy Note 2 phones in the USA are identical inside with different radios enabled or disabled based on carrier. True or false?

Why do I ask? Because I

Advertisement

2. prerunnerseth

prerunnerseth Android Enthusiast

3. Stoutdoggy

Stoutdoggy Lurker

Sorry I wasn't paying attention, made mod can move it or should I delete and repost?

4. prerunnerseth

prerunnerseth Android Enthusiast

Yeah, Att and Verizon are totally different technology. Verizon is CDMA and only uses a sim card for the 4G LTE. Att is GSM. Even if the radio is capable of doing it, it would require some very low level radio hacking to get it to work. I dont think you could simply flash the VZ rom and it would work.

5. ThelVlaster

ThelVlaster Newbie

6. Stoutdoggy

Stoutdoggy Lurker

Thanks,

I saw that trick on XDA dev the other day. From what I have seen so far, that trick works with TM, Sprint, ATT GN2 phones but not the GN2 from Verizon.

Cheers

7. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

Verizon's closed CDMA network will not allow a device onto their network without aproval. Since the AT&T version has no CDMA radio and an incompatible LTE radio, you wouldn't be able to get on anyways. The Verizon Note 2 has unactivated GSM radios that should hypothetically be able to be unlocked to work on a GSM network with compatible frequencies.

8. Stoutdoggy

Stoutdoggy Lurker

Well that is pretty much what I need to know. Thanks for you help.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews