1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] AXI0M vs GummyNex

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ssick92, Dec 24, 2011.

1. ssick92

ssick92 Android Enthusiast

I've been switching off between these 2 ROMs whenever a new version is available.

Current: Zygot3 1.8 - Apex v4 kernel
    Current: GummyNex 0.2.9 - ImoseyON Kernel

Which do you guys like better for everyday use? Seems to me like all the ROMs are full featured already so I can use almost any of them for my DD.

I have been having a great experience so far on Fab's Apex v4 kernel so I think I am going to stick with Zygot3 for now.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sc0rch3d

sc0rch3d Lurker

amazing dev support on the gnex! your post is only 4 days old and several new versions of both ROMs have been released

I was on zyg0t3 v1.8 yesterday until i realized the devs created axi0m 2.x. didn't like either so much (altho i had issues flashing, so may have been my fault). also, i used a diff kernel - one of jdkernels. it was the slightest bit laggy, enough to bug me. included features were great.

Another dev turned me onto gummynex 0.3 with the same kernel which i've been trying since this morning. i really love it b/c i prefer more speed and battery over features (which axi0m wins in the feature category). i just wish it had the power toggles in the notification screen. if you know how to get this through a mod...please clue me in!!

and of course, if you have any advice or recommendation...i will try it.

3. bophead

bophead Lurker

I was on Zygot a few days and really liked it. My bluetooth wouldn't dial correctly so I went to Gummynex 3

4. novemberwhiskey

novemberwhiskey Android Enthusiast

GummyNex is far more stable for me. Zygot was ok in the earlier versions, but once it got to 1.8 or 1.9, it became unstable for me. I believe that is when he started uppping the clock speeds and using another kernal (JDKernel).

The only thing with GummyNex is you have to flash his GAPPS everytime you flash the ROM. If you restore data from a nandroid, you have to flash GAPPS after the restore.

Gummy 3.0 + IMoseyon Kernel = great device + great battery life.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews