1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Verizon Backup Assistant not working on .595 deodexed?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Buckeye Boy, May 15, 2011.

1. Buckeye Boy

Buckeye Boy Android Enthusiast

ever since i went to .595 i can get backup assistant to work? i hit sync and it says successful but its only showing 1 contact synced? i have lik 125 contacts on my phone. i tried 3g and wifi and same thing?

anyone have a clue? it has always worked in the past for me, just not since .595.:thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lennydude

lennydude Android Expert

hmmmmmmmmm sorry to hear about your issue. I am on .595 deodexed and the VZW backup assistant works fine.

Hope someone has an answer for you.

Lenny

3. Kirbnite

Kirbnite Newbie

Try settings> applications > manage applications > running >

Locate sync services and select it. Then select clear data. Just clears the login information of BUA. Then open it again. it wil be like running it for the first time. It will require your pin.

If that does not fix it, then I have another idea, but more work. Pm me if this does not fix it.

Buckeye Boy likes this.
  4. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

people still use Back Up assistant? ....Once i jumped to an android device i stopped using it. There really isn't a point if all of your contacts are backed up on google's servers. Someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

5. Buckeye Boy

its just pissing me off more than anything as to why this wont work? since i am rooted could i delete it off my phone and redownload it somehow? maybe its corupt?:thinking:

6. Buckeye Boy

7. Xeneize480

Xeneize480 Android Enthusiast

why use that app when google is better?

8. Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge Well-Known Member

backup assistant is for people with dumbphones.....

9. Xeneize480

LMAO! sorry but its funny!

10. Buckeye Boy

just as a backup, in case i lose or break my phone and i have to revert to my Blackberry Storm as a backup which does not use google, i wont lose my contacts..thank you;)

11. trophynuts

contacts/menu/import-export/ export contacts to SD. your welcome

12. tom108

tom108 Android Expert

there is also a google sync tool for blackberry

13. trophynuts

as someone that swaps between my trusty 9650 and DX, i have used that google sync tool and it is handy

14. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

2nd, worked flawlessly.
    and, I think you can export them from Google to Backup Assistant as well

15. trophynuts

i think you are correct Audi

16. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

trophynuts I agree with you. Being on a prepaid plan myself VZW backup assistand doesnt even work for me. I guess you have to be a true VZW customer to get that function. At the same time however, the damn thing wants to sync.

So what I did, because Google does the same thing, is use TiBu to freeze the backup assistant. No sense in having that function draining my battery when it doesn't work on my service anyway.

17. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

dunno I use google. I dont use anything from vzw if I can help it.

18. Xeneize480

every time I used VZ backup I had duplicates and never restore them correctly

I rather do google or export. If you cancel VZ today then those contacts are gone.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews