• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Verizon Backup Assistant not working on .595 deodexed?

Try settings> applications > manage applications > running >

Locate sync services and select it. Then select clear data. Just clears the login information of BUA. Then open it again. it wil be like running it for the first time. It will require your pin.

If that does not fix it, then I have another idea, but more work. Pm me if this does not fix it.

Reactions: Buckeye Boy
Upvote 0
people still use Back Up assistant? ....Once i jumped to an android device i stopped using it. There really isn't a point if all of your contacts are backed up on google's servers. Someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

its just pissing me off more than anything as to why this wont work? since i am rooted could i delete it off my phone and redownload it somehow? maybe its corupt?:thinking:

Upvote 0
trophynuts I agree with you. Being on a prepaid plan myself VZW backup assistand doesnt even work for me. I guess you have to be a true VZW customer to get that function. At the same time however, the damn thing wants to sync.

So what I did, because Google does the same thing, is use TiBu to freeze the backup assistant. No sense in having that function draining my battery when it doesn't work on my service anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones