1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

[Verizon] Best ROM/Kernal/Radio combination for battery life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by egernant, Apr 28, 2012.

1. egernant

egernant Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 30, 2010
    Battery life continues to be one of the biggest issues I have with the galaxy nexus, and I'm sure many of you feel the same way. In your experience, what combinations have been best for maximizing battery life? Please note any performance tweaks or additional apps used to boost battery life as well. And, if you are really feeling adventurous, let us know how stability and connectivity are with your preferred setup? I'm currently testing BAMF with stock kernal and will report back when I've reached any conclusions.

Advertisement

2. djc999

djc999 Member
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    I use the AOKP B34 ROM (correction: does not include 4.04 radios) with the franco M3 kernal and works great so far. Didn't make any tweaks.

3. jbdan

jbdan Android Expert
    None

Jan 31, 2010
    atl ga usa
    AOKP ROM don't include any radios they are a separate flash. It is however, a 4.0.4 based ROM maybe that is where you confused the two.

As to the OP you should get a lot of feedback here. I'll have to repeat myself here (sorry if I sound like a broken record...) and say you'll just have to experiment and find what suits you and your phone the best. BAMF and its stock kernel is an excellent battery life combo for me.

Using 4G in a low signal area with screen on outside (max brightness) is going to chew through battery no matter what you run.

Battery tips: have as few apps as possible constantly polling the web for updates. Or set their update times to an hour or more. Use low brightness where you can and use black background apps/wallpapers when possible. Connect to WIFI when possible. If not around a WIFI connection, and you don't need 4G's speed (to surf or download) because all you rely on are apps getting their updates and things like weather syncing use 3G instead. Your vibrate feature eats battery turn haptic feedback/vibrate off if you don't need it. Do not try and constantly monitor every little thing on your phone. Do not use task killers let Android do it's own thing.

quiklives likes this.
Tags: