• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Verizon branded car charger will not work on Note 2

btygte

Jun 9, 2011
Anyone having the same issue? Plug a Verizon charger into the Note 2 and nothing happens at all. It works on other phones. If I can't get a charger for my car at Verizon that works where do I get one? It should work since Verizon sales the phone with the car charger right?
Thanks

I've tried at least 5 chargers from generic $5 ones from Lowes (2amp), Droid X, wife's Razr Maxx, VZW sold Belkin 2.1 amp, Motorola usb generic for my droid x car dock, and all work fine. Perhaps a bad charger?
Make sure you get a high power one. 5" screen, 3100 battery, and using GPS, LTE, split the screen and do a movie and GPS at the same time as the kids in the back seat connect to you via wifi for tethering, you will need a decent charger.
My cheap $5 one worked fine, but was dirty. You could hear a hiss in the car speakers when using the headphone out jack to the car. Unplug the charger, hiss goes away. Replaced with the belkin 2.1 amp and no more hiss.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones