1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Verizon] Bricked and don't know what to do.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JasonVideo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. JasonVideo

JasonVideo Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2012
    I am the first to admit that I screwed up. I bought an already-rooted G2 on ebay. Worked great. Should have left it alone. I didn't. I wanted to figure out how to load a custom ROM. I'm a newbie and should have done more research. Again, I didn't. So here's what I got.

Verizon LG G2 stuck in clockworkmod recovery mode v6.0.4.4. That sounds great, but when I plug the USB into my Windows 7 laptop I hear the audible clue that the G2 is there, but don't see it in explorer. I'd uninstalled and reinstalled drivers too. I can see eject LG-VS890 in Safely remove hardware. The current driver says provided by clockworkmod, but it also says Google Galaxy Nexus ADB Interface. Galaxy Nexus was my old phone. So here I am with no way to even turn the phone off. I hope the phone isn't a paper weight now. My wife will kill me. I'm willing to pay someone to fix it. Anyone in central Florida??

Is there any chance I'm ok?

Thanks and sorry for being stupid.

Jason

Advertisement

2. nataku413

nataku413 Newbie
    None

Jan 3, 2014
    The same thing happened to my LG Motion. You're going to have to find the software you need to unbrick your phone.

3. JasonVideo

JasonVideo Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2012
    Finding the software shouldn't be a problem. Figuring out how to get it onto the phone is my concern.

4. nataku413

nataku413 Newbie
    None

Jan 3, 2014
    Look up the instructions on youtube.

5. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert
    None

6. copestag

copestag Android Expert
    None

May 23, 2010
    if you can get to recovery all isnt lost typically....... you may stroll on over to XDA and scour through the Q&A section and see if theres a solution for CWM.... I use TWRP so I tend to disregard anyting about CWM.... heres the link for G2 forums on XDA:

LG G2 - xda-developers

and if you cant find a solution that gets you out of the recovery loop..... you can always flash back to factory stock..... instructions here:

[Guide] Unroot/Unbrick - flash official factory firmware with LG Launcher - xda-developers

good luck to you......... dont give up...... most things are recoverable.... just takes a little work and reading sometimes

I know your exact feelings though...... I bricked mine a couple of weeks ago...... spent 6 hours reading and testing before I got it unbricked..... and to top it off I was drunk when I started LOL..... now that I think about it.... it probably should have taken me 10 minutes.... stupid liquor store and their peer pressure

bberryhill0 likes this.
  7. JasonVideo

JasonVideo Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2012
    I have done a lot of reading over there. About 6 hours like you said, sober. Maybe I need to do a few shots and try again. I'm going to start by plugging it into a different computer. MAybe a fresh computer will install the right drivers and be able to SEE the damned thing. If I can get over that hump I think I will be able to dig out of the hole.

I hate being one of the sheep, but maybe rooting just isn't for me.

Jason

8. copestag

copestag Android Expert
    None

May 23, 2010
    ok just so we are clear on what you have in front of you...... lets clarify a couple of things....

you say youre stuck on CWM....... can you maneuver within CWM or is it completely frozen on that screen?

if you can maneuver and reboot the phone is it in a CWM boot loop?

do you have the SDK tools installed on your computer .......... can you see the phone in ADB?

these are some things that would be handy to know.......

if you can maneuver within CWM then you can flash a new ROM or wipe and get out of it possibly.......... if youre frozen then you need some way to reboot you can do that through ADB if nothing else

if you can maneuver but dont have a way to get a new ROM to the phone you can also do that in ADB......

just looking for possible scenarios

9. steamer86

steamer86 Well-Known Member
    None

May 29, 2012
    Uninstall all Android related drivers. Reboot. Install universal LG. Boot recovery, plug, let drivers install, punt needed ones in device manager if need be to an extracted set of universal drivers. ADB push a ROM. Install the zip from recovery.

bberryhill0 likes this.
  10. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    This has fixed most phones in the recovery boot loop:
    [FIX] Installed TWRP and now you're stuck after OTA? - xda-developers

You'll need to get adb working first so you'll need the drivers:

Listing of Drivers

Select and download the first one that comes up in that repository named LG VZW United Drivers (zip). Place unzipped folder onto desktop, plug in phone to usb while in recovery. Watch device manager when you plug it in. Whatever pops up will likely be an unrecognized device (yellow question mark). Right click on that and update driver manually, pointing to the entire LG VZW United driver folder on your desktop (windows will search all subfolders/files inside it automatically).

When you're done, the device should be recognized as "adb interface" or similar. At that time, you can run adb commands. Start with running adb devices command to check for connectivity, then you can run the commands in the posted link.

If that doesn't work, you can look at pushing a rom to the card and flashing. All that assumes you either don't have a nandroid backup or it's not restoring for you which has been the case for some people.

bberryhill0 likes this.
  11. HueyT

HueyT Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 26, 2013
    You need to reload stock image through LG flash tool: VERIZON ONLY Revert to stock GUIDE [UPDATED] - xda-developers .

This will work except you'll lose root and the phone goes back to when it left the Verizon store. You can then reroot usine IOROOT22 tool. Reload TWRP or CWM via free "FreeGee" app on Google Play Store. Reload the rom of your choice after you gain recovery.

The trick is installing the driver and make sure in Device Manager the phone shows up under "Ports" and you must change the Modem to "COM41" (see above post for details). To have phone reboot and enter "Download Mode" hold down power button and up-Volume button until it reboots and enter this mode before letting go of the buttons. Good luck

LG G2

The LG G2 has a 5.2-inch display with 1080p resolution. It also has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 13 megapixel camera, NFC, and more.
Tags: