1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Can one Nandroid be moved to another Nexus.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ymDroid, Jul 15, 2012.

1. ymDroid

ymDroid Well-Known Member

So my wife any I both have a Nexus. Both are rooted, running all the same root type apps.

I used my last grade to get her an S3.

I really want to take over her phone because it has a much better screen that mine.

Can I make a copy of my current Nandroid, move it over to her Nexus, and just use clockwork to flash my phone to hers? (Also move my SIM over to hers)

Thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Shouldn't be a problem as long as it's the same phone . Good luck.

3. OverByter

Also make sure that you're both running the same recovery version, some nandroids will only work with the same recovery that created them.

ymDroid likes this.
  4. ymDroid

Were both on touch.

Thank you!

5. jova33

jova33 Android Expert

check the md5 sum!

ymDroid likes this.
  6. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

wait. I'm not sure it will work. A nandroid contains sys info specific to that device i believe. If you're wanting to just restore Apps then maybe use TiBu instead.

7. ymDroid

Ohh...I guess I can do that. Just fresh wipe and do clean install.

That sucks.

8. akidd1216

akidd1216 Newbie

I know this is a little off topic but what do you mean her screen is better than yours?

9. jova33

jova33 Android Expert

Different hardware, made in a different country = some galaxy nexus have better screens

akidd1216 likes this.
  10. OverByter

I went through 6 replacement Triumphs and never had a problem with using nandroids between them.

11. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

well like i said I'm not sure. I guess you could try it. I've never done it nor have i ever seen a huge success story talking about it.

12. Trel

Trel Android Enthusiast

I have used Nandroids to restore between replacement OG Droids with no issues.

13. ymDroid

I got my nexus on release day, and ended up exchanging it twice because the screen had banding. I finally got one whose banding wasnt as noticeable. Then three months later, we got the wife's Nexus, and the screen on this thing was amazing. Not a hint of banding, incredibly bright, even set to low....really a complete different phone from my build.

So now that I have two, I'd like to use the better one.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews