• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] cant install OTA update

Lohung

Android Enthusiast
Dec 15, 2011
Pittsburgh
ok so the update came out the other week and it keeps asking me to install it but i can't. It goes to install it and it says "signature failed intall aborted

now i am rooted and unlocked and i am running CWM 8.0.2 and nova launcher. is it the CWM8.0.2 thats not letting me do it

I had a similar problem. I was unlocked and rooted, but otherwise stock. After looking at the "install aborted" screen, I noticed that it was tripping up because it was looking for the "vzwbackupassistant.apk" that I deleted when I first rooted. If you did that, then you need to reinstall it in recovery mode.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
heres the thing i dont want to flash them separately.. i am totally new to all this rooting and i would like to take the least amount of "new steps" as possible ATM.. thats why i would like to the 4.0.2 stock.. then let my phone update.. instead of flashing several things which i wouldnt know if i was flashing the right thing or not so can someone either link me the stock one for 4.2

Upvote 0
heres the thing i dont want to flash them separately.. i am totally new to all this rooting and i would like to take the least amount of "new steps" as possible ATM.. thats why i would like to the 4.0.2 stock.. then let my phone update.. instead of flashing several things which i wouldnt know if i was flashing the right thing or not so can someone either link me the stock one for 4.2

If you want to stay rooted you pretty much have to flash two separate zips. No roms include firmware. Which is why you have to flash the firmware separate.

If you really want to go through it the stock normal way. I recommend restoring your device to stock and relocking the bootloader.

Reactions: Lohung
Upvote 0
thanks i did that... installed update and now i am trying to re-root. iread somewhere there is a feature that keeps kicking back the original recovery and i need to delete or rename it.. but i cant find a "file explorer" that will let me do this.. anyone know anything?

I do ;) :p :) :D.

I already directed Lohung to my Android Root Toolkit app which has a "make recovery stick" option / feature.

Also, this post details how to do this manually:

http://androidforums.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus-all-things-root/474570-how-all-things-root-samsung-galaxy-nexus.html#post3736600

Cheers!

Reactions: trophynuts
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones