• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Carrier Billing?

Zealex

Oct 13, 2012
Hello

Before I rooted and flashed a custom rom, I was running stock unrooted ICS and was able to use carrier billing (for verizon obviously =P). I'm now running cleanrom 5.0.. and the option isn't there anymore. Is this because of the rom, or did verizon remove it?

Any tips or suggestions?

Thank you.

It means being able to make purchases, and having the purchases put on his/her Verizon phone bill.
To the OP if it disappeared after installing the rom it would seem the ROM may have removed/altered that capability.

Yeah I think the Rom has. Hmm, I don't really want to test every rom. Maybe when I have a chance I can flash back to rooted stock and make a backup of the playstore in Titanium backup and then just restore than app when flashing back to a custom rom? Maybe that would work?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones