• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Casual Root and memory

Just went through "casual root" process..worked great, installed TWRP which is 4.23 GIGS..took up 25% of my internal memory!! HELP running out fast.

thanks
Peter

Did you perhaps make a nandroid backup within recovery? :)
Twrp recovery in and of itself is not that large and the recovery itself is not on the internal sd card, but nandroid backups are.
I have one backup on my external sd card that is 10.4GB.
I'm thinking what you are seeing is a nandroid backup.

If you have an external sd card, you can specify TWRP to save the backup to that instead of the internal sd card.

Where are you seeing this TWRP 4.23GB file?

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply. My Backup is on the external card. When i check my memory, i see 12.4 gigs avalable on external, 12.9 gigs on internal, and 375 mb on system Rom. I the low system Rom the issue? This happened all of a sudden, and cannot download anything from playstore.

Please help!!!!

Thanks
Peter

Upvote 0
Are you getting a "low storage space" warning? When do you get that warning? When trying to download an app from the PlayStore?
Try clearing the PlayStore cache and also from download manager:

Visit Settings > Apps on your device
View All apps
Select the Google Play store app, and then tap Clear data and Clear cache.
Then, select Download manager and tap Clear data and Clear cache.

You may have to do the same thing in Google Services Framework :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones