• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Charger Specs

I found that the MHL adapter I bought would only work with the Verizon charger that came with the phone.

What is it about that charger that's different, is it amps, volts or something ? I'd like to buy a compatible one with a longer cable.

The samsung charger that came with the phone is a 1.0 Amp charger. Let me get the link for the $7 shipped OEM replacement.

Upvote 0
Here's a pic of it, p/n is on IIRC the 3rd line down:

IMG_20111221_150642.jpg

edit: 4th line down starts ETA.......

Upvote 0
Just to add, some chargers are less than that, and usb connection is spec at around .5 amp.

Cheap chargers, even car chargers may not regulate voltage very well.

Here is the OEM charger that came with your phone, with a cable:

Amazon.com: Samsung OEM 1.0A Original Home Wall AC Travel Charger Adapter + USB 2.0 Data Sync Connect Transfer Charge Cable: MP3 Players & Accessories

this is a great deal. I ordered one as well. Can't beat 7$...free shipping hell it would cost me more in gas to drive to the closest walmart.

Upvote 0
this is a great deal.

Qft. I liked them so much, I bought the company. Er, well, no, but I did by 5 of them for desk at home, nightstand, car's AC outlet, work office desk, and briefcase. 2X premium for the OEM goods compared to the hit and miss quality of the cheap Chinese stuff was totally worth it to me to have clean and stable "oxygen" pretty much wherever I am...

Upvote 0
Any info on the car charger. I have one from my Droid 1. Is that doing a good job or do I need to upgrade that also ?

Many of the older car chargers only provide 350ma to 500ma of current.
with 4G running, 350ma may not be enough to power the device. 500ma is barely enough.
So yes it will charge if phone is off or in standby, but may not charge if phone is actively in use.

Some newer car chargers have 1A to 2A current output, that will be much better when trying to charge a 4G device.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Will using a higher amp charger affect the phone negatively? I've got a Griffin USB/AC adapter that has 2 USB ports and it would be nice for me to be able to charge my phone and Zune at the same time, however the Griffin is 1.5A instead 1.0. Am I ok to use that for the phone?

If it's a standard usb charger, you are fine with 1.5a, many of us are using the oem touchpad 2.0a charger with no problems.

I have some older gps chargers, and they don't conform to usb, but they have usb adapters, go figure!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones