1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Charging indicator and USB

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by skiflyer, Apr 15, 2012.

1. skiflyer

skiflyer Well-Known Member

So I flashed leankernel 3 and liquidsmooth.

Then I dropped my phone in a sink with very little water. I did the whole bag of rice thing. Everything works fine... except.

The charging indicator is wonky, it will not show charging when it is. Or it will when it isn't. It'll show AC when it's USB, etc.

#2 is that I can't make a USB connection to the computer.

I did a nandroid restore to the old kernel/rom... no better. Makes me feel more like a hardware issue. But now I'm trying to restore to stock and having trouble doing so without a USB connection.

Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Android Expert

Yeah if this only started happening after water exposure, it's definitely a hardware issue. If your warranty covers water damage, you might want to look into getting a replacement, because that is most probably unfixable.

3. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

How long did you do the rice thing? I would think it would take a couple days.

Buddy at work had a frozen drink and his t-bolt by his nightstand and in the morning found his phone in a puddle, still powered on and brought it into work thinking he needed a new phone. I suggested pulling the battery (now!) and doing the rice thing. Instead he just had a fan blow (inches away, case open) on it all day and plugged it in later that day and got the charge indicator. He lucked out.

4. skiflyer

I dunno, thing is getting wonkier. Thing is it didn't even get really wet... didn't trip the little stickers or anything.

Ah well, I'll take it to the store when it opens in 15 minutes and then figure out what to do.

5. skiflyer

Well, since the moisture strips weren't tripped (or in their words... well they're kinda smudged but don't worry about it). They're sending me a new one.

And I'm getting insurance for the new one... hopefully I'll have the same good luck with the new one I had with the bad one (outside this one incident), sometimes this board is good for causing paranoia.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews