1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Charging Port/USB not working after JB update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mdevine, Aug 13, 2012.

1. mdevine

mdevine Member

Last night I upgraded from an older version of JB (BB) to a newer version. I started having an issue with my chargin port. I then changed to the nightly version om CM to see if that would make a difference- it did not. Here is what is happening.

When phone is powered on the data port is completely inactive- no charging or conectivity if plugged into computer.

When Phone is powered off the battery functionality works fine.

When phone is off, but plugged into computer it is again charging, when then power up the phone my computer recognizes the phone for about 2 seconds then the phone goes away from being recognized by the computer.

Any ideas???

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

Well, I don't have this device (yet but will tomorrow) so I am doing alot of catch up.

But are you using the USB cord that came with the phone? From my reading it seems as though this phone needs its OEM USB cord for all things to function.

good luck

3. I am having the SAME problem, but am on ICS - AOKP M6 - I am lost. I did used an old nan - but the damn thing doesn't seem to want to work when the phone is powered on to its usable state. Powers up to recovery fine. Seems to be charging when plugged into wall...

4. Performed a full wipe, deleted davlik cache as well - reinstalled AOKP m6 - she's charging again. WTF?!?!

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews