1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Choose any app as default?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mturk, Dec 18, 2013.

1. mturk

mturk Lurker

I know how to use something like Default App Manager Lite to change the default apps, but for each category - e.g., the default music player - the choice of default apps is provided by the system and limited. How can I set ANY app to be the default? For example, say I want Gmail to be the default music app - how could I do that?

Thanks....

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Welcome to Android Forums.

What phone/tablet are you asking about?

... Thom

3. mturk

mturk Lurker

It's now in my profile - SGS3 on CM10.2.0.

Though I assumed this was a relatively device-independent question - perhaps not?

4. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

And it is device independent for the most part. It usually has a lot to do with the version of Android you are on.

Typically you can just go into the Settings > Apps > Choose a particular application then clear defaults to change the default application for what you want for something.

5. Thread moved to area dedicated for your device (if needed). Always a good source of information.

... Thom

6. mturk

mturk Lurker

No, clearing defaults in "Settings / Apps / App info" does not do what I'm asking about. That allows you to make a new choice for default app - but the choices are still limited to certain apps (e.g., the apps that are considered to be music players, or internet browsers, or whatever). I want to set ANY app to be the (for example) default music player, not just the few apps that are offered to me.

7. mturk

mturk Lurker

Seems like this thread will die here. It's not a SGS3 question, but a general Android question.

8. Can0dope

Can0dope Android Enthusiast

Like @mturk said, I doubt you'll find an answer here... I would go ask this question on XDA. You'd be a lot more likely to get the answer you're looking for there.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews