1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] CLEANROM accept no substitutes!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WhoDoo Voodoo, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Yup, I got it and responded:)
    I know I can use the dialer, but now I cannot set my ringtone for the VM that are there, if I dont have the app.

I just dont understand if the VVM was in the roms .zip, it didn't install.
    I even extracted the rom.zip, pulled the VVM apk, and tried to install. It failed install:( I tried to move it to /system/app and /data/app, tried setting permissions, reboot....failed install every time.
    I dont want to reflash the whole rom just for VM. I just got all my apps/stuff set up! BLAH!

Answer me this then...so I decide to go without the app...how do I set repeating notifications, and also my own sounds for the notifications for VM?

Edit: after 2 hours of searching, the best I could come up with is a .zip file for VVM but for the Note2. Gonna search some more, perhaps post on XDA in the CleanRom thread.
    I just dont understand why, just why, I cannot pull that VVM apk out of the downloaded rom and install it.
    I'm tired, I'm going to bed...ugh:(

dkl1 likes this.
  2. dkl1

dkl1 Android Expert

Sorry Mike, I haven't been on here at all today and only have a couple minutes before heading out for the NY festivities!!! I'm simply not much help with this one 'cause like I said I just use the dialer to retrieve vm's. I know, not very sexy but hey, it's simple. I LIKE SIMPLE! :D:p

Mikestony likes this.
  3. SilentJ20

SilentJ20 Newbie

Has anyone tried the JB versions of cleanrom with any car or desktop docks? I understand dock mode is broken on stock JB, but don't know if this has been corrected in the cleanrom versions. I'm wanting to get a dock for the audio line out capabilities, but if dock mode is still broken, there's no point. Thanks,

4. Ramzes13

Ramzes13 Android Enthusiast

I was using clean rom on my evo 3d forever...i want to use it my s3, but i use verizons hotspot app since i have family share. This isnt bloatware so i would like to know if this is included in the rom...if it is im rooting tonight...thanks

5. Mikestony

Is it this?
    [​IMG]

6. Ramzes13

Yes it is...thank you

7. Ramzes13

I am assuming this is a screen shot from within clean rom?

8. Mikestony

Yes, sorry, I should have elaborated, but yes.
    I dont really use a hotspot but I would assume this would work.?
    It says nothing about Verizon, but I am on the Cleanrom and this came with it:)

Ramzes13 likes this.
  9. Ramzes13

That is definately what i am looking for...verizons hot spot isnt labled as verizon...it just says mobile hotspot. Thank you very much

Mikestony likes this.
  10. rimjay

rimjay Member

Hey on your notifications bar, when you get a text, does anyone have the option to reply and call? i seem to be missing that function...

Attached Files:

• hj.jpg
      hj.jpg
      File size:
      21.5 KB
      Views:
  11. djones1005

djones1005 Member

I seem someone post that SynergyROM now has multi window. Could we extract that browser and replace it in CleanROM?

12. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

Its MUCH more than a browser apk...Team Synergy was working on unlocking all of the apps to be usable with multi-window because Samsung only allows a few basic apps...

I'm sure once they get the new build of the ROM out that other ROMs will start to incorporate this too...

13. djones1005

djones1005 Member

Okay. Thank you.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews