• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] confused

hmmm, I'm not sure what's up with that.

I can only surmise that something is amiss, but don't know what it could be :hmmmm:

If I were in your shoes, I would run thru the root process again with this guide:
★[8/27] [Casual] [Root, Unlock, Recove… | Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III | XDA Forums

It's an all-in-one tool to root, install Superuser, unlock the bootloader and install a custom recovery.:)

Just be sure you have java installed and follow the instructions very carefully. (not really complicated to be honest).

Sound like something you want to do?

Upvote 0
Well, if you follow that guide, you need not worry about superuser for now:)

I'll be back in about 15 minutes k?
I thought there was a video to go along with that guide, but I cannot find it.

Just be sure to back up anything you don't want to lose....just in case. Photos, files etc.
Your contacts should be backed up to google yes?
I don't think that root process wipes your phone, but just to be sure, save what you need to save:)

Upvote 0
for some reason this is still not working and it's getting to be too much trouble. If i go back into that volume down, home button and power button method and reset the phone.. will that make everything go back to normal?

Normal, as in, before you started this whole thing? You really haven't done anything yet that would have changed any thing :thinking:

Casual still not seeing your device?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones