1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Verizon Contract Question

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by Androider93, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Androider93

Androider93 Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Alright well my dad needs a new phone, and I want a new phone too. There is 1 upgrade available and I was planning on using it. But he really needs a new phone. My upgrade will be available in december. Is there any way if I use the upgrade available right now that my dad will be able to get an upgrade on his phone before december? I wish I would have caught the BOGO deal but I think it just ended.

Edit: My dad would probably want a Droid 2 or Droid X

Advertisement

2. mp3ster

mp3ster Active Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Automotive Consultant
    Hollywood FL
    the channel support team (i work for verizon) can move the date 7 days max. No more. this is with dealing with a store. However, if you contact telesales and tell them that that phone is broken and you need a new one blah blah blah, you could possibly convince them that the upgrade needs to be pushed till NOW!

3. Androider93

Androider93 Member

Sep 27, 2010
    dont they have like a "3g Smartphone Early Upgrade" thing?

and also the thing is his phone is actually broken, it's been broken for about a month, but I gave him my old flip phone. so maybe he could activate the broken phone again and then bring it in the store or something?

4. jnewell

jnewell Member

Sep 17, 2010
    VZW treats a two year contract that's 20 months in as eligible for the renewal discount. Earlier this month I renewed three phones that were out of contract and one that expired in mid-December and got renewal discounts on all lines, plus the BOGO and NE2 discounts. Nice deal.

5. Thread moved to the Verizon forum for you, Androider. ;)