• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Couple of questions need answered asap(:

HaTrEd360

Android Expert
Aug 18, 2012
So I'm planning on rooting/recovery an S4 tomorrow for a friend. I do not know what firmware he is on, but I do believe its the latest. Which is ME7 right? Which I also hear is not unlockable at this point so no recovery, meaning no Cyanogenmod... I really wanted to give him a taste of that PAC ROM. :( Is there any way I can flash the PAC ROM through safestrap (Which can a tutorial be pointed to me for that to be installed please?) And then somehow manually flash the boot.img? I assume that's why we can't use CM, because of the custom kernel. Can't we install CM, then use Odin to flash the kernel for it or something of the sort?

Or is there some possible way to downgrade? Anything to get that PAC ROM working without losing any functionality in the phone itself.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones