• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Customer Service

EAHinsch

Mar 31, 2010
I was talking with a customer service rep who had no idea what the phone even was, but told her the rumored launch date of the 8th and to be prepared for a flood of calls once it is announced. She then told me the call centers had a massive schedule change for additional personnel and extended hours next Tuesday. I was thinking this would line up with a pre-order to launch on the 8th. Thoughts?

Maybe.

I called and talked to a CSR about the return window. I'm regretting my purchase of the Razr on 11/21. I had previously talked to an in store rep and telephone rep who restated the 14 day return policy. This time when she stated the 14 day return policy I asked about their own webpage that states something different. She left me on hold again and then finally came back and said I had until 1/15/2012. I asked what she read that changed her mind, but she would not clarify. I'm wondering if they are being told to stone wall unless asked specifically about the exchange policy.

oh and she had no info on the GN as well...I'm not sure what to think now.

Thanks for letting my hijack your thread.

Upvote 0
Maybe.

I called and talked to a CSR about the return window. I'm regretting my purchase of the Razr on 11/21. I had previously talked to an in store rep and telephone rep who restated the 14 day return policy. This time when she stated the 14 day return policy I asked about their own webpage that states something different. She left me on hold again and then finally came back and said I had until 1/15/2012. I asked what she read that changed her mind, but she would not clarify. I'm wondering if they are being told to stone wall unless asked specifically about the exchange policy.

oh and she had no info on the GN as well...I'm not sure what to think now.

Thanks for letting my hijack your thread.

Better yet, check your receipt. Jan 15, is written right on the receipt! What better proof do you need than the record of transaction stating that you have until Jan 15th to return your phone.

Seems like they are trying to curb losses by a little crafty social engineering. Getting people to believe that they have 14 days so they won't bother seeking a return after the 14 day period and thus will let the 15th pass by without any guessing.

Upvote 0
Better yet, check your receipt. Jan 15, is written right on the receipt! What better proof do you need than the record of transaction stating that you have until Jan 15th to return your phone.

Seems like they are trying to curb losses by a little crafty social engineering. Getting people to believe that they have 14 days so they won't bother seeking a return after the 14 day period and thus will let the 15th pass by without any guessing.

Ohhh, I will do that. Thanks for the tip!

Upvote 0
I called VZW Customer Care, *611 from any VZW phone just to see what they WOULD reveal.
They said they had 2 "secret" devices coming soon.
I said, "oh you mean the Galaxy Nexus and the Droid4."
She said "yeah, my fiance is about to go nuts waiting for the Galaxy Nexus.He will be ok very soon"
I asked about a preorder date, and she wouldn't confirm,
but she did confirm December 8th as launch day.

Kinda like how P3Droid had said waaaay before I called Customer Care yesterday.

The G Nex will be in VZW stores in less than a week people.
PREorder coming soon.
VERY SOON.

Reactions: matatora and 49er
Upvote 0
I was tweeting with VZW customer service about a problem I'm having with my Inc2 (phone says I'm in the wrong town, all of a sudden) and when I asked about the galaxy nexus, I received "I'm happy your excited about this device. We are still on track to announce the availability of the Nexus this year. Stay tuned."

Not much, I know, but thought I'd share.

Upvote 0
I called VZW Customer Care, *611 from any VZW phone just to see what they WOULD reveal.
She said "yeah, my fiance is about to go nuts waiting for the Galaxy Nexus.He will be ok very soon"

PREorder coming soon.
VERY SOON.

At this point, I'm probably going to walk into a Verizon store and pick it up versus a preorder, unless we can place an order first thing Monday morning which I doubt. Anyways.....I've never wanted a weekend to go by so fast in my life....hahaha.

Upvote 0
Only issue I have seen about it being the 8th is Ive been told VZW only releases phones on Mondays and Fridays. So wouldnt the 9th be a better speculation?

Actually, up until the razr and rezound it was almost always on Thursday. The razr was initially on a Thursday for 11/10 until they thought 11/11 @ 11:11 would be a good marketing campaign

Reactions: Premium1
Upvote 0
I called *611 today and talked to a service rep and asked her about the 3g to 4g upgrade discount she said its ended then I asked about the galaxy nexus and she said she didn't know an exact date but it would definitely be out before the holiday and she said there might be holiday promotions and she said she put me on a list for info and special promotions and it lets vzw know how many ppl are calling and asking about the nexus.

Thought I just let y'all know what this rep said well everyone should call and ask about the nexus maybe verizon will give out more info

Reactions: spike4405@yahoo.com
Upvote 0

PREorder coming soon.
VERY SOON.
Oh My gosh! I really hope she was not just pulling your leg.

Upvote 0
I just called the local store here in Spokane, WA. I've never lived in a town this small or this far west, I find the people here to be quite helpful. The girl I spoke with said they did not have any in stock at this time, and that they had not heard anything about a pre-order date or process. She said that the "word on the street" was that the phone was going to launch on the 8th. (Four days out and they dont know for sure?????) But that I did not need to pre-order or worry overmuch because they typically plenty of each new phone as it is released.
I am now feeling even more hopeful that it really will be out on Thursday next. Now I only have to wait for the BCS people to announce who will be playing in the big game!

Upvote 0
Oh My gosh! I really hope she was not just pulling your leg.

First things 1st...

We all have very credible inside info from P3Droid (@P3Droid on twitter) & others stating the G Nex will launch this week.

She wasn't.
She got into this big speel on how long her fiance has been waiting for the G Nex, and how he isn't waiting until the 8th, he is going to PREorder.

The reason why Verizon has NOT already OFFICIALLY announced a release date or anything yet is because they are milking the pre-existing phones and their advertising campaigns....
Its the holidays...
Cost on advertising goes up this time of year.
Corporate Holiday tactics at its finest. ;)

Upvote 0
...The reason why Verizon has NOT already OFFICIALLY announced a release date or anything yet is because they are milking the pre-existing phones and their advertising campaigns....
Its the holidays...
Cost on advertising goes up this time of year.
Corporate Holiday tactics at its finest. ;)

This!

Plus, you have to take into account that Verizon and Motorola are in bed together and they probably don't want this device, that they weren't allowed to bloat up, stealing sales from the Razr.

Side note, If this phone ends up being $299, I really hope I can use my negotiating skills to have them uphold their $199 ad that was plastered all over Black Friday

Upvote 0
This!

Plus, you have to take into account that Verizon and Motorola are in bed together and they probably don't want this device, that they weren't allowed to bloat up, stealing sales from the Razr.

Side note, If this phone ends up being $299, I really hope I can use my negotiating skills to have them uphold their $199 ad that was plastered all over Black Friday

By any chance, do you still have a screenshot of that $199 deal?

Upvote 0
Currently there is a sale on the website that ends today. I would guess that an announcement is being held until this sale ends. Unfortunately my upgrade date is the 29th. Hopefully when I call in that I can convince them to bump my date up.

day one inc owner? the 29th is my upgrade date too...i just did a live chat and explained that i'm interested in the nexus (which they told me even though it's not released yet, should be out "within the next week") and they said that if i call customer care i should be able to upgrade early.

i just e-mailed care to see if they can change my upgrade date so i can do the pre-order, if / when it goes live tomorrow or wednesday. that's what i did with the incredible (i was a few months out when the dinc was released, but i took advantage of their promo to go from a non-smartphone to a smartphone with an early upgrade). i sent care an e-mail, and they altered my upgrade date so that i was able to pre-order the incredible and have it on launch day...

Upvote 0
Has anyone heard anything since then? Does it still look like tomorrow?

I posted my experience I had on the phone w/ Customer Care this evening, in another thread.
Copy & pasted for convenience below:

"So I made another call to VerizonWireless Customer Care today... Explained that I called just the other day interested in preorder and launch date; and that I was informed Dec 8th WAS launch... Gentleman revealed that there was an update made to the internal system regarding the G Nex on 12/6. (Yes yesterday)

THIS 12/6 update removed the original "internal" release date this week.
He said the system wouldnt allow him to preorder or order for that matter when he attempted to. He DID however reveal two things.

GALAXY NEXUS
2 Year Contract Price: $299
Full Retail Price of: $649

I asked him to RE-confirm the prices with his manager, VZW manager indeed confirm with me ^^ those prices.

Just sharing my experience I had this evening on/phone with Customer Care."
End of copy and paste.

If you're one of many waiting to pick up the G Nex,
My advice at this point is to call Customer Care *611
Inquire politely about the Galaxy Nexus.
Or drop by your local VerizonWireless Corporate store.
All you can really do besides this is wait for VzW to turn on their green light.
Wish I had more news.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones