1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

[Verizon] decided to root, making sure ive got the right steps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sessman, Apr 30, 2012.

1. sessman

sessman Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    San Diego
    I decided to root my CDMA nexus because im tired of waiting for Verizon's updates. I've rooted my previous EVO 4G, and my Hero before that, so I do have some experience rooting. When I went to the how to root section I saw a bunch of links for different steps, but no "step by step" instructions. (First, unlock bootloader doing this, second, install CWM etc.)
    I did find that however over on Wug's site which seems to be the easiest way to root (no mention of Wug's either in the HowTo section). According to his site these are the steps to successfully take my cdma nexus from stock, to running any rom I wish.

I. Before You Begin

1. This will erase all data on your device so please make sure to back everything up before beginning.

2. This program only works for Windows.

II. Setup Drivers

1. Download the program from the developer

Advertisement

2. jbdan

jbdan Android Expert
    None

Jan 31, 2010
    atl ga usa
    Look above in red ^ :D When you dnld & install RM (rom manager), then flash custom recovery, you'll have CWM (clockworkmod).

None of the ROMS you mention come with the 4.0.4 radios. You will have to flash them on your own. It's simple and here is the link to get the radios in a flashable .zip form. Put on your /sdcard and flash in cwm. No need to wipe anything, and give it some time (take a deep breath :)) it takes a while for the radio flash to complete.

Also, you should try the ROM first and run it for a day or two with the radio you are presently on. You might find no need to switch, although there is no harm in trying them. Just don't accidentally flash the same radio twice!

Good luck and ask before doing if you're unsure!

3. trophynuts

trophynuts Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I work in a Tech related field. Have been in a tec
    SouthEastern US
  4. sessman

sessman Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    San Diego
    well i looked at both, I just think that the steps on Wugs page were much simpler...there's so much information on the two stickied links that it was just too overwhelming. I followed Wug's step by step guide and in 30 minutes im rooted running AOKP M5, latest version of learnkernel and using 4.0.4 radios

not implying I dont appreciate your thread by any means you guys are awesome, just for me PERSONALLY I found the step by step instructions simpler on their site

jbdan likes this.
  5. trophynuts

trophynuts Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I work in a Tech related field. Have been in a tec
    SouthEastern US
    oh no worries bud. Whatever works best for you. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask.

Tags: