1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Digital Screeching Noise

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by StateYourJames, Apr 21, 2012.

1. StateYourJames

When answering calls, making calls, I am getting a screeching noise, reminiscant of a dial up modem, or fax communication. It's intermittent, and I am not using bluetooth. Wifi can be enabled or disabled, doesn't seem to affect the occurance. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

I have had this happen, randomly, just once before. Since it only happened once I thought it to be nothing, just a weird one time occurrence. How often has it done this to you?

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Fwiw, this was a common problem with the Droid Charge. I contacted VZW and Samsung. VZW said it was the first they had heard of it and Samsung said it was a known issue but had no idea what was causing it.

Just thought I'd throw that out there for ya'.

Annoying, isn't it!

jbdan likes this.
  4. tlarm

tlarm Newbie

I was having that problem on almost every call that lasted over 10 minutes. Verizon said it was a hardware issue and replaced the phone. I have had it once in the last week. Mine seems to be happen when I am in an area with low signal strength. The other thing....and this may entirely be my imagination, but it seems to be worse with DSP Manager installed?

5. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

yeah this is a known issue sort of. I don't think it is widespread as some of the others. VoidedSaint (one of the other guides on here) had a microphone bug for a while that made him sound like a robot. I think your only solution will be to swap the device out.

6. ggpike

ggpike Newbie

I have this issue as well... Mic cut outs and screeching. Doesn't seem to matter what the volume is. It is loud, shrill and really hurts your ear when it goes off. This probably happens to me at least twice a week with the mic cut out around once a day. My wife's is the same way and she got hers about 2 months after I picked mine up.

7. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

Have you worked with VZW at all on this?

8. bazzmclean

bazzmclean Lurker

It is 2016 and my samsung is doing this now. OMG can't someone fix it????????????????

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews