1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Verizon display units suck?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by yenduc, Dec 25, 2011.

1. yenduc

yenduc Newbie

I went to the corporate store at the local mall last week to finally try out the Nexus in person and was blown away by how much the phone lagged and just felt underpowered.

I then messed with the HTC Rezound sitting next to it, and the HTC was like lightning.

I've been waiting and waiting for my DINC contract to be up, I was a launch customer. I've been looking forward to getting a Nexus branded phone so I dont have to deal with VZW and HTC's delays in getting updates out.

I went to another VZW store just a few minutes away from the first one and their Nexus was just as bad.

Have other people had this experience at a VZW store? Are all the Nexuses (or is it Nexi?) that way, or are the demo units just being abused.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Ken7

Ken7 Android Expert

I don't know what they load the display units down with, but mine is like butter. Utterly lag free and every bit as smooth as any Iphone I've used and certainly better than any Android I've owned.

3. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert

Also have to remember that who knows what other people have done to that display phone. I'd venture more people are probably toying with that phone mor than the Rezound, etc. Not to say that it might not have had issues, but sometimes, the store units aren't always the cleanest. People do weird things with phones that aren't theirs.

Mine has been flawless since launch, no lagging or anything.

4. xliderider

xliderider Android Expert

I'd have to agree with this.

When I was trying out a Droid X before deciding to buy one, I found the store display unit was super laggy. I went to a second Verizon store and that Droid X display unit was super smooth and fast compared to the first one.

My guess is that people have loaded all sorts of cr@p from the Market, and maybe messed with the settings too.

5. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

This! My store demo was very snappy. Better than any device I've ever used. To compare it to a fruit device would be an insult. Oh wait, that's right....

There are vehement and angry fruit device owners that have vowed to sabotage every android device that they can get their hands on, and have done it to many android phones in the past. A lot of these people even admit that they stop in xxxxxxx store and load up crap on devices all the time.

Even if I was checking out a fruit device, the first thing I would do is reboot it.

6. TJGoSurf

TJGoSurf Android Expert

It could be that software they stick on it to show off the phone. It annoys me, I'm trying to play a game and the demo pops on.

7. kyler13

kyler13 Android Expert

Lol - I went to check out GN at a local vzw store last week and it had 4% battery left. The charger connection was nowhere to be found and it shutdown on me in 2 minutes. The Rezound next to it was charged and connected to power. Coincidence?

8. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

A fanboi removed or cut the power... I'm telling you, fanboi's hate android so much they are resorting to sabotage. They have been caught doing this over the years, it really does suck. It's almost like terrorism at it's worst.

9. budmonster

budmonster Guest

When I took my GNEX to compare it the Rezound at the VZW store, the Rezound didn't have 4G on and the VZW reps "couldn't" figure it out, but the GNEX has 4G up and running perfectly fine. They where really ignorant about helping me to get it to work to. They look at me like I was nuts, trying to compare phone speeds.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews