1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Verizon dropped the customer loyalty team?

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by bob52r, Jan 10, 2016.

1. bob52r

bob52r Member

i have called in to customer service asking foir the loyalty team. i am considering switching carriers.
    my contract was up last october, 2015. i am currently on a loyalty post paid plan with unlimited and 2gig for $60+ all the garbage fees. i got that plan with was a good deal oct, 2013 and i got a note 3 cheap.

both times i was told that there is no such thing as the loyalty team. i asked about verizon prepaid if i set up auto pay or i would likely switch to either t-mobile or project fi. both times the idiots did not understand verizon autopay would place me at $45 on pre-paid with 2gig--simular to t-mobile.

both times the told me that it was impossible to get unlimited talk/text with 2 gigs at $45 monthly? both times i respectly asked to escalate or get me to the team that helps verizon customer her are ready to leave.

two rep both told me there is no other team and that their supervisor will not take my call. both calls needed with the reps asking if they could help me port to t-mobile as verizon does not compete with t mobile on price.
    neither rep seemed to understand that i could move to pre-paid with auto pay and get exactly what i was asking to do.

IS VERIZON ACTUALLY PUSHING LONG TERM CUSTOMERS AWAY?
    Does the loyalty team still exist?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

I have, over the last 20 years, had good relations with the VZW CS folks.

and, I have been able to get a supervisor and get better service....
    and, I have also just hung up on a stupid, uneducated Script Reader, and called back.

you never get the same one.

Loyalty Team? Never has been one, but they have always had Loyal Customer benefits, if you ask for them.

such as, the Upgrade Fee? I always get that taken off, I just remind the CS script reader that I have been with VZW 20+ years, and if they don't treat me right, I can take my money else where.

that is a false promise though, because NO NONE, has the coverage that Verizon provides...

AT&T is a damn close 2nd though, and AT&T has more partners.... so, if I had to, I would switch to AT&T....

VZW always matches prices, sort of, they are always last up to bat doing that though....

Yeah, the PrePaid plans are not competitive to Family Share plans.... I have 4 lines and paying for a new HTC M9 which I should have just bought off of Swappa, and not incurred the higher monthly fee.... but, that was a "have to do it now" thing, as my daughter's phone broke.

3. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

Yup. Sometimes you get really nice, helpful, knowledgeable people and sometimes you just have to hang up and try again. It's like that almost anywhere though, that is not a Verizon exclusive ;)

I'm not sure if there is a different area for pre-paid, it sounds like there might be from your calls. It's actually a decent plan now if you auto-pay, their pre-paid used to be horribly expensive.

If you are just trying to switch from post to pre-paid it shouldn't be that hard for them to do. You may actually need a new SIM because of billing though. Maybe try going into a store (gasp! I said that?!) and see if they can help you. And remember that there are NO set up fees for pre-paid, because they like to charge you for stuff.