1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] dropping from 4G to 3G ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TeeX, Dec 31, 2012.

1. TeeX

TeeX Newbie

I keep finding my Verizon Note 2 has dropped from 4G to 3G. Nothing I do changes it back (tried to switch data modes, toggle Wi-Fi, etc) except a reboot.

When I reboot, 4G is back no problems, but it's a pain, and I can't figure out why it keeps doing this.

I would like to think it's a Verizon network issue, but 4G is right back when I reboot, so it's not like a network outage.

Has anybody else had this?

Is this a flaw with my radios? Any other suggestions?

I'm stock but rooted.

2. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Android Enthusiast

I have not had this issue on my Verizon Note. I work in a weak 4G area too, where my previous Galaxy Nexus never got 4G and my Note always picks up 4G there even when I go down to our basement (where I get 1X and 3G data) and come back. My Note always switches back to 4G at my desk. Even though I only get like 1-2 bars of it.

So I'm not sure why you're experiencing that. Maybe complain to Verizon to see if they'll switch it out for you..?

3. twister6

twister6 Android Expert

On Verizon as well, and it happened to me last evening for the first time in 1.5 months since I got the phone. All of a sudden it switched from 4G to 3G and I couldn't get it back. Had to reboot the phone to get back to 4G. I remember when I had my DX/3G, I used to dial *228 every other month to get a better connection to the nearest tower. I have been told with 4G phones it happens automatically since they are upgrading and adding new towers all the time. So I'm wondering if that what happened after some local tower upgrade where it couldn't sync up and needed reboot to fix that.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews